Staff & Grant Accountant
Department: Business Department
Locations: Springfield, MA
Posted: Sep 30, 2021
Closes: Open Until Filled
Position ID:: 137580
About Springfield Technical Community College :
Located on 35 acres of the Springfield Armory National Historic Site and founded in 1967, Springfield Technical Community College is a major resource for the economic vitality of Western Massachusetts. As the only technical community college in Massachusetts, STCC offers a variety of career programs unequalled in the state. Digital Multimedia, IT Security, Nursing, Robotics, Sonography, Mechanical Engineering Technology (Advance Manufacturing) and dozens of other career programs produce potential employees each year. STCC's highly-regarded transfer programs in Business, Engineering, Liberal Arts, Science and Technology continue to provide the most economical option for students pursuing a four-year degree. With an annual enrollment of over 6,500, evening, weekend and online students, STCC is a vibrant campus rich in diversity and justifiably proud of our designation as a Hispanic Serving Institution. Respect, is one of the Core Values of the College and we strive to nurture mutual respect among faculty, staff and students. With respect, we embrace differences to create an inclusive environment for all. Together, we support students as they transform their lives through intellectual, cultural, and economic engagement while becoming thoughtful, committed and socially responsible graduates.
- Responsible for post-award grant administration including budgeting, accounting and financial reporting.
- Primary contact (Ambassador) to the Grant Project Directors/Principal Investigators and the Grants Office regarding all grant fiscal matters.
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State regulations including major federal funding agencies mandates and requirements.
- Process financial aid transmittals.
- Process accounts receivable refunds and adjustments.
- Assist with rate table testing.
- Responsible for institutional accounting functions including but not limited to preparation and posting of journal entries, tracking GL activity, account reconciliation and reporting.
- Manage unclaimed property.
- Prepare fiscal reports throughout the year and assist with fiscal year end close/accounting.
- Assist with various projects, reports, analysis and other requests as needed.
- Perform other duties, requests and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or comparable degree with three (3) years of experience in a professional Business Office environment including hands on accounting experience OR Associate's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or comparable degree with six (6) years of experience in a professional Business Office environment including hands on accounting experience required.
- Experience with grant oversight including accounting, budgets, reporting and compliance strongly preferred.
- Strong accounting, mathematical, reconciliation and problem solving skills required.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Experience with Higher Education principles, practices, procedures and Federal and State regulations preferred but not required.
- Flexible, team player, self-starter with the ability to prioritize and keep on task.
- Experience collaborating effectively across all levels of the institution.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
BENEFITS: Yes - State funded
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Non-Unit Professional
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time; Exempt
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
COVID VACCINATION REQUIREMENT:
Candidates for employment should be aware that all STCC students, faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated by January, 2022. Accordingly, initial employment is dependent upon receipt and verification of full vaccination status and details regarding how to fulfill vaccine documentation requirements will be shared during the hire and onboarding process.
INFORMATION AWARENESS SECURITY TRAINING:
Candidates for employment should be aware that all STCC employees are required to complete Information Awareness Security Training within thirty days of their orientation date and annually thereafter.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: All applicants must apply online at https://www.stcc.edu/about-stcc/employment by submitting a cover letter**, resume and three (3) professional **Cover letter must demonstrate how your education and experience qualifies you for this position.
STCC conducts a pre-employment screening. Initial and continued employment is dependent upon meeting National Background Check, Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) and/or Sex Offender Registry Information (SORI) check and if applicable, Physical and Alcohol/Drug Testing requirements. Screening also includes verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history. Finalist(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment screening as a condition of employment.
POLICY STATEMENT ON AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY & DIVERSITY
The Board of Higher Education and the Boards of Trustees of the Community Colleges maintain and promote a policy of non-discrimination on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information maternity leave, military service and national origin ("protected class(s)/classification(s)." Further, this policy prohibits retaliation and incorporates by reference, and where applicable, the requirements of Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1968; Titles I and II of the Civil Rights Act of 1991; Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and its regulations found at 34 C.F.R. part 106; Equal Pay Act of 1963; Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1988; Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990; Section 402 of the Vietnam-era Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA); Age Discrimination Act of 1975; Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, as amended; Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993; Federal Executive Order 11246 of 1965, as amended by Executive Order 11375 of 1967; Federal Executive Order 12900 of 1994; Federal Executive Order 13145 of 2000; Federal Executive Order 13160 of 2000; Federal Executive Order 13166 of 2000; Massachusetts Civil Rights Act; Massachusetts General Laws Chapters 151B, 151C, and Chapter 149; directives of the BHE, the Boards of Trustees of the Community Colleges and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts; and other applicable local, state and federal constitutions, statutes, regulations and executive orders.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
STCC's personnel and academic decisions, programs and policies are formulated and conducted in a manner, which will ensure equal access for all people and prevent discrimination. As part of this effort, a College will ensure that employment and academic decisions, programs and policies will be based solely on the individual eligibility, merit or fitness of applicants, employees and students without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, marital status, military service, gender identity, genetic information, sexual orientation or political or union affiliation.
To apply, visit https://stcc.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=137580&CNTRNO=3&TSTMP=0
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency