Senior Director of Student Financial Services
Category: Administrative and Professional
Department: Student Financial Services
Locations: Springfield, MA
Posted: Nov 18, 2021
Closes: Open Until Filled
Position ID:: 139653
About Springfield Technical Community College :
Located on 35 acres of the Springfield Armory National Historic Site and founded in 1967, Springfield Technical Community College is a major resource for the economic vitality of Western Massachusetts. As the only technical community college in Massachusetts, STCC offers a variety of career programs unequalled in the state. Digital Multimedia, IT Security, Nursing, Robotics, Sonography, Mechanical Engineering Technology (Advance Manufacturing) and dozens of other career programs produce potential employees each year. STCC's highly-regarded transfer programs in Business, Engineering, Liberal Arts, Science and Technology continue to provide the most economical option for students pursuing a four-year degree. With an annual enrollment of over 6,500, evening, weekend and online students, STCC is a vibrant campus rich in diversity and justifiably proud of our designation as a Hispanic Serving Institution. Respect, is one of the Core Values of the College and we strive to nurture mutual respect among faculty, staff and students. With respect, we embrace differences to create an inclusive environment for all. Together, we support students as they transform their lives through intellectual, cultural, and economic engagement while becoming thoughtful, committed and socially responsible graduates.
The Senior Director of Student Financial Services reports to the Vice President of Administration/CFO and is accountable for the overall leadership in the areas of Financial Aid and Student Accounts. Responsibilities include the management and administration of all student financial aid programs, as well as all student billing and collections. This position has a strong understanding of financial aid regulations, including Federal Pell Grants, and effectively communicates student aid regulations to internal and external stakeholders to support student enrollment and completion. The Senior Director serves as a key Administration & Finance division leader charged with delivering service excellence and partnering strategically with the Division of Student Affairs, including Admissions, to actively contribute to institution-wide student success and institutional sustainability efforts. They also work together with faculty and staff to create an atmosphere of trust and respect in which all can succeed.
The College is seeking a dynamic leader who will work collaboratively to ensure the highest level of customer service and to leverage all available resources to enable student success. The Senior Director is expected to incorporate higher education and community college best practices into the vision, strategy, and practices of the department. The College seeks candidates who, through their work, life experiences, and service to the community, can contribute to our diversity, inclusivity, and equity goals.
- Provides leadership and management of the daily operations and functions of the Student Financial Services Department (SFS).
- Researches, interprets, and maintains current knowledge of federal and Massachusetts state regulations in all student financial services areas to ensure the College's continued compliance with these regulations.
- Maintains knowledge of best practices, new developments and innovative financial aid and student accounts strategies in community colleges and higher education; recommends changes as appropriate.
- Oversees the review, verification, and timely awarding of student financial aid according to all federal, state and institutional regulations.
- Ensures timely receipt of student collectibles and reconciliation of all federal, state and institutional financial aid programs.
- Prepares and submits applications and reports related to the institutional participation in federal and state financial aid programs and institutional audits.
- Supervises, supports, and mentors direct reports in assigned departments.
- Monitors, reviews, and evaluates office policies and procedures, including internal controls, to ensure the efficient and customer-focused administration of student financial services.
- Develops and implements improvements to office operations, work flow, application processing, and external reporting via utilization of the Colleague system and related college systems.
- Maintains overall responsibility for planning, management and monitoring of assigned budgets.
- Collaborates across divisions to improve the College's ability to serve students with intention and excellence.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the philosophy and mission of a comprehensive community college.
- Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred) from an accredited institution with five to ten years of demonstrated management experience in financial aid and/or student accounts, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Demonstrated, in-depth, knowledge of financial aid and/or student account principles, practices, and procedures.
- Interpersonal skills with College personnel, a diverse student population, community organizations and related agencies.
- A desire and demonstrated ability to lead, manage, and guide teams to meet and exceed departmental goals related to customer service and student success.
- Experience in budget management.
- The ability to deliver results in a complex environment despite obstacles and challenges.
- The ability to develop, carry out, explain, and interpret policy.
- Experience serving diverse populations and a demonstrated commitment to equity.
- The ability to maintain effective, collaborative working relationships with internal and external colleagues and constituents.
- Experience with Ellucian Student Information Systems (Colleague) preferred.
Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as stated above are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them with the equivalent combination of education, training and experience required for the responsibilities of this position.
Salary: $100,000-112,000 per annum plus fringe benefits. State-funded position. Starting salary will be dependent upon qualifications and experience. Full Time, Year round position.
Position Classification: Non-Unit Professional
Work Schedule: 37.5 hours per week (Monday - Friday). Requires flexibility to work occasional evenings and/or weekends as needed.
Closing Date: December 7, 2021 or until position is filled
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Springfield Technical Community College is not sponsoring H1B Visa.
COVID VACCINATION REQUIREMENT:
Candidates for employment should be aware that all STCC students, faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated by January, 2022. Accordingly, initial employment is dependent upon receipt and verification of full vaccination status and details regarding how to fulfill vaccine documentation requirements will be shared during the hire and onboarding process.
INFORMATION AWARENESS SECURITY TRAINING:
Candidates for employment should be aware that all STCC employees are required to complete Information Awareness Security Training within thirty days of their orientation date and annually thereafter.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: All applicants must apply online at www.stcc.edu/about-stcc/employment by submitting a cover letter**, resume and three (3) professional **Cover letter must demonstrate how your education and experience qualifies you for this position.
STCC conducts a pre-employment screening. Initial and continued employment is dependent upon meeting National Background Check, Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) and/or Sex Offender Registry Information (SORI) check and if applicable, Physical and Alcohol/Drug Testing requirements. Screening also includes verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history. Finalist(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment screening as a condition of employment.
POLICY STATEMENT ON AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY & DIVERSITY:
The Board of Higher Education and the Boards of Trustees of the Community Colleges maintain and promote a policy of non-discrimination on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information maternity leave, military service and national origin ("protected class(s)/classification(s)." Further, this policy prohibits retaliation and incorporates by reference, and where applicable, the requirements of Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1968; Titles I and II of the Civil Rights Act of 1991; Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and its regulations found at 34 C.F.R. part 106; Equal Pay Act of 1963; Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1988; Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990; Section 402 of the Vietnam-era Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA); Age Discrimination Act of 1975; Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, as amended; Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993; Federal Executive Order 11246 of 1965, as amended by Executive Order 11375 of 1967; Federal Executive Order 12900 of 1994; Federal Executive Order 13145 of 2000; Federal Executive Order 13160 of 2000; Federal Executive Order 13166 of 2000; Massachusetts Civil Rights Act; Massachusetts General Laws Chapters 151B, 151C, and Chapter 149; directives of the BHE, the Boards of Trustees of the Community Colleges and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts; and other applicable local, state and federal constitutions, statutes, regulations and executive orders.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
STCC's personnel and academic decisions, programs and policies are formulated and conducted in a manner, which will ensure equal access for all people and prevent discrimination. As part of this effort, a College will ensure that employment and academic decisions, programs and policies will be based solely on the individual eligibility, merit or fitness of applicants, employees and students without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, marital status, military service, gender identity, genetic information, sexual orientation or political or union affiliation.
To apply, visit https://stcc.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=139653&CNTRNO=0&TSTMP=0
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency