- Senior Business Data Analyst (Institutional Research)
- Go to our website »
Senior Business Data Analyst (Institutional Research)
Thank you for your interest in Truckee Meadows Community College. If you need assistance or have questions regarding the application process, please contact Human Resources at (775) 673-7168 or email@example.com.
Truckee Meadows Community College (TMCC), located in Reno, Nevada is seeking applicants for a Senior Business Data Analyst. The analyst is responsible for building interactive and complex data visualizations and analysis tools (e.g. data dashboards); researching, designing and testing algorithms and programs; refining tools based on feedback, and ensuring continuity of accuracy and functionality. The analyst will assist in a variety of institutional research activities such as writing program code and mining data, analyzing institutional data for internal planning, conducting external accountability reporting, assisting with survey design, and providing statistical and technical support.
1. Master's degree and two years of related professional experience OR
Bachelor's degree and four years of related professional experience OR
Associates degree and six years of related professional experience
2. Demonstrated experience in data analysis using query-writing or statistical software applications.
1. Familiarity with a data visualization tool (Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
2. Experience with a major higher education student information system (PeopleSoft, Banner)
3. Experience with SQL
4. Experience in automating and monitoring server tasks through schedule and job setup and/or tabcmd command line utility
5. Experience in server efficiencies, ability to monitor and optimize dashboard performance and database connections
6. Experience in designing, building and maintaining automated data pipelines feeding near-live, web-hosted Tableau dashboards
7. Knowledge of higher education terminology, metrics and reporting requirements
- Systems management: Coordinate with IT in the administration of systems used by the office for data visualization. Assist with system set-up, data and report management, communication, training and end user support.
- Data management: Query, validate and manipulate data from enterprise systems and warehouse environments using tools such as SQL, SAS, R, Python, and/or SPSS.
- Communication: Clearly communicate findings to both technical and non-technical audiences orally, in written form, and graphically as appropriate using tools such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Tableau, and/or Power BI.
- Data literacy: Ensure stakeholders understand and appropriately use data products produced by the office by providing appropriate training and documentation.
Salary and Benefits Information:
Salary: $60,262 - $75,328, Initial salary placement will be dependent on education level and years of experience
Perks of Working at TMCC
- Health insurance options including dental and vision - Health Insurance
- 15.5% retirement match, 24 annual leave days, a beginning balance of 30 sick leave days, 11 paid holidays
- Life insurance, long-term disability, generous annual and sick leave - NSHE Benefits
- Sports and Fitness Center with annual or monthly membership options for employee and spouse/domestic partner.
- ComPsych supports employees through life's difficult moments.
- Professional Grant-in-Aid: TMCC is proud to provide a reduced-rate tuition benefit to faculty and qualified dependents. Faculty can take up to six credits per semester at a reduced rate. Dependents of faculty have unlimited credits, but in order to be eligible children must be unmarried and under the age of 24 and must receive at least 50% of their financial support from the employee and/or employee's spouse or domestic partner.
- Free parking on all TMCC campus locations.
- No State income tax
- All full-time faculty and staff are provided with a variety of discounts and employee purchase programs.
Please note, once you submit your application the only attachment/s viewable to you will be the attachment/s to the resume/CV section of the application. Any additional required attachment/s to the cover letter, references, additional documents sections of the application, will not be viewable to you after you submit your application. All uploaded attachment/s will be on the application for the committee to review. To request updates to attachments, prior to the committee review of applications, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to be given full consideration all of the following must be attached to your application.
2) Cover Letter
3) Contact Information for Three Supervisory References - Please make a note if you do not want your present employer contacted unless necessary to determine your qualifications for the position.
This position is open until filled.
Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately for full consideration. Lists of eligible candidates will be established and hiring may occur early in the recruiting process. Recruitment will close without notice when a sufficient number of applications are received or a hiring decision has been made.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. Search committees will use this information to determine that applicants meet minimum qualifications as listed in the job announcement.
This posting will close at 12:00 am on the date listed above. The posting will no longer be available to apply to after 11:59 pm the day prior.
All documents, including unofficial transcripts for academic positions, must be received prior to the closing date listed on the job announcement.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check upon hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TMCC-External/job/TMCC---Truckee-Meadows-Community-College---Dandini-Campus/Senior-Business-Data-Analyst--Institutional-Research-_R0135925-2
Truckee Meadows Community College is a comprehensive educational institution located in Reno, Nevada and is part of the Nevada System of Higher Education. TMCCs five instructional sites and numerous community locations serves an increasingly diverse population of more than 11,000 students each semester. TMCC, an HSI (Hispanic Serving Institution), is a progressive institution that celebrates inclusion and diversity while supporting core themes of academic excellence, student success, and access to lifelong learning.
A vital leader in the New Nevadas growing economy, TMCC is located near the beautiful Sierra Nevada Mountains in an environment rich with a thriving arts, culture, food scene, abundant outdoor activities, and a family-friendly local community. It is only a 3.5 hour drive to San Francisco, CA, a 40-minute drive to Lake Tahoe, and within easy driving distance of four national parks (Great Basin, Yosemite, Lassen, and Death Valley). For more information, please go to www.tmcc.edu or view our virtual tour at tour.tmcc.edu.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a persons age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-836973a736ea1a4bbb3a5cc7a6e76beb