- Science Prep Lab Program Coordinator
- Go to our website »
Science Prep Lab Program Coordinator
Thank you for your interest in Truckee Meadows Community College. If you need assistance or have questions regarding the application process, please contact Human Resources at (775) 673-7168 or email@example.com.
Truckee Meadows Community College (TMCC), located in Reno, Nevada is seeking applicants for a full-time Program Coordinator for the Science Prep Lab.
The Science Prep Lab Program Coordinator leads and manages the TMCC Science Preparatory Laboratory in order to safely provide the materials, supplies, equipment, training, and instructional assistance needed for the successful delivery of laboratory courses in Biology, Nutrition, and Physical Sciences (including Chemistry, Engineering, and Physics). The Science Prep Lab Program Coordinator works with faculty course coordinators, department chairs, and Academic Program Directors on the development of lab curriculum, works with full-time and part-time instructional faculty on the implementation of lab curriculum, and supervises two Classified staff and numerous student employees. The Science Prep Lab Program Coordinator organizes and oversees the prep, clean-up, equipment maintenance, safety training, and compliance of all science laboratory activities, including undergraduate lab research activities and the science lab classes that serve over 5,000 undergraduate students per year.
1. A Bachelor's degree in biology, biochemistry, chemistry, toxicology, or related field from an accredited institution.
2. One year of science laboratory experience.
3. Two years managerial experience.
4. Knowledge of laboratory safety, and completed formal lab safety training, or will complete upon hire.
5. Knowledge of federal and state lab safety standards.
1. Master's degree in the areas of biology, biochemistry, chemistry, toxicology, or related field from an accredited institution.
2. Five years of science laboratory experience.
3. Five years of managerial experience in a science laboratory.
4. Experience working in an academic lab environment with a focus on serving lab classes.
5. Formal Chemical Hygiene Officer training.
1. Plan, maintain, organize and oversee the staff, budgets, inventory, and regulatory requirements of the TMCC Science Preparatory Laboratory, and all science lab teaching and student lab research spaces.
2. Order, organize, store, and maintain the supplies, materials and equipment required to meet the learning objectives and safe delivery of all science laboratory experiences.
3. Develop, revise, and maintain policies and procedures to ensure lab safety compliance, including safety training and the proper ordering, storage, and disposal of chemicals and biohazardous materials.
4. Hire, train, supervise, schedule, and evaluate the Classified employees, LOAs, student workers, and instructional assistants who work in the TMCC Science Preparatory Laboratory and related spaces.
5. Mentor and provide safety training for full-time and part-time laboratory instructors to ensure the successful delivery of lab experiences designed to meet science course learning objectives.
6. Coordinate and collaborate with numerous campus departments, including Budget, Contracts, Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S), Facilities, Foundation & Grants, Human Resources, IT, and Purchasing to ensure the effective and efficient operation the TMCC Science Preparatory Laboratory.
7. Serve on the Chemical Hygiene Committee and serve, or send a designee representing the TMCC Science Preparatory Laboratory to serve, on the Biological Hazards and Science Lab Safety Committees.
Salary and Benefits Information:
Salary: $51,530- $64,413 Initial salary placement will be dependent on education level and years of experience.
Perks of Working at TMCC
- Health insurance options including dental and vision - Health Insurance
- 15.5% retirement match, 24 annual leave days, a beginning balance of 30 sick leave days, 11 paid holidays
- Life insurance, long-term disability, generous annual and sick leave - NSHE Benefits
- Sports and Fitness Center with annual or monthly membership options for employee and spouse/domestic partner.
- ComPsych supports employees through life's difficult moments.
- Professional Grant-in-Aid: TMCC is proud to provide a reduced-rate tuition benefit to faculty and qualified dependents. Faculty can take up to six credits per semester at a reduced rate. Dependents of faculty have unlimited credits, but in order to be eligible children must be unmarried and under the age of 24 and must receive at least 50% of their financial support from the employee and/or employee's spouse or domestic partner.
- Free parking on all TMCC campus locations.
- No State income tax
- All full-time faculty and staff are provided with a variety of discounts and employee purchase programs.
Please note, once you submit your application the only attachment/s viewable to you will be the attachment/s to the resume/CV section of the application. Any additional required attachment/s to the cover letter, references, additional documents sections of the application, will not be viewable to you after you submit your application. All uploaded attachment/s will be on the application for the committee to review. To request updates to attachments, prior to the committee review of applications, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to be given full consideration all of the following must be attached to your application.
2) Cover Letter
3) Contact Information for Three Supervisory References - Please make a note if you do not want your present employer contacted unless necessary to determine your qualifications for the position.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. Search committees will use this information to determine that applicants meet minimum qualifications as listed in the job announcement.
This posting will close at 12:00 am on the date listed above. The posting will no longer be available to apply to after 11:59 pm the day prior.
All documents, including unofficial transcripts for academic positions, must be received prior to the closing date listed on the job announcement.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check upon hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TMCC-External/job/TMCC---Truckee-Meadows-Community-College---Dandini-Campus/Science-Prep-Lab-Program-Coordinator_R0137089-1
Truckee Meadows Community College is a comprehensive educational institution located in Reno, Nevada and is part of the Nevada System of Higher Education. TMCCs five instructional sites and numerous community locations serves an increasingly diverse population of more than 11,000 students each semester. TMCC, an HSI (Hispanic Serving Institution), is a progressive institution that celebrates inclusion and diversity while supporting core themes of academic excellence, student success, and access to lifelong learning.
A vital leader in the New Nevadas growing economy, TMCC is located near the beautiful Sierra Nevada Mountains in an environment rich with a thriving arts, culture, food scene, abundant outdoor activities, and a family-friendly local community. It is only a 3.5 hour drive to San Francisco, CA, a 40-minute drive to Lake Tahoe, and within easy driving distance of four national parks (Great Basin, Yosemite, Lassen, and Death Valley). For more information, please go to www.tmcc.edu or view our virtual tour at tour.tmcc.edu.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a persons age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-2c8927cce4bf5848a01dd28a3cfcd73e