Recruitment Counselor (Enrollment Communications Specialist)
Category: Administrative and Professional
Department: Marketing & Communications/Student Affairs
Locations: Springfield, MA
Posted: Nov 23, 2022
Closes: Open Until Filled
Position ID:: 156210
About Springfield Technical Community College :
Located on 35 acres of the Springfield Armory National Historic Site and founded in 1967, Springfield Technical Community College is a major resource for the economic vitality of Western Massachusetts. As the only technical community college in Massachusetts, STCC offers a variety of career programs unequalled in the state. Digital Multimedia, IT Security, Nursing, Robotics, Sonography, Mechanical Engineering Technology (Advance Manufacturing) and dozens of other career programs produce potential employees each year. STCC's highly-regarded transfer programs in Business, Engineering, Liberal Arts, Science and Technology continue to provide the most economical option for students pursuing a four-year degree. With an annual enrollment of over 6,500, evening, weekend and online students, STCC is a vibrant campus rich in diversity and justifiably proud of our designation as a Hispanic Serving Institution. Respect, is one of the Core Values of the College and we strive to nurture mutual respect among faculty, staff and students. With respect, we embrace differences to create an inclusive environment for all. Together, we support students as they transform their lives through intellectual, cultural, and economic engagement while becoming thoughtful, committed and socially responsible graduates.
Under the general direction of the Director of Marketing and Communications, in coordination with the Dean of Enrollment, Retention, and Completion, the Enrollment Communications Specialist will be a key piece in launching and increasing the effectiveness of a newly-implemented CRM system. The right candidate should have a keen sense of the marketing funnel, how analytics play a role in decision-making, and a creative eye for engagement of our prospective students.
- Coordinates and implements marketing plans, objectives, and strategies for recruitment of students (i.e. - markets and promotes the college; assists in developing retention tactics);
- Assists in designing/developing recruitment brochures/materials;
- Researches successful recruitment strategies of peer institutions;
- Works in tandem with other members of the Marketing and Communications team to create and improve collateral;
- Assists in developing/implementing CRM and associated systems to manage/measure the effectiveness of recruitment activity;
- Compiles reports from CRM and analyzes data to present a clear picture on the effectiveness of various campaigns running;
- Works on various stages of storytelling for email communications, and pivots strategies to increase effectiveness;
- Works with Director of Marketing and Communications and Dean of Enrollment, Retention, and Completion to develop a communications calendar that mirrors the recruitment cycles;
- Works with Director of Marketing and Communications and Dean of Enrollment, Retention, and Completion to align media buys with enrollment priorities
- Serve as the liaison to programs such as TRIO Student Support Services, the Male Initiative for Leadership and Education and LEAD to coordinate enrollment communications for program participants;
- Work collaboratively with the campus constituents with a particular emphasis on strategies that demonstrate a reduction in equity gaps, and increase in access, retention and completion by students of color specifically;
- Participates in college, division, department meetings, events and training as recommended and approved by supervisor;
- Participates in professional development opportunities, college committees, work groups and task forces, and other professional organizations as approved by supervisor; and
- Performs other duties and responsibilities related to those listed above which do not alter the basic level of the position
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communication, Business, or closely related field; with two (2) years of experience and/or training involving CRM management, higher education communication, or lead generation; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Understanding of and experience with addressing the challenges facing an ethnically diverse student body.
- Experience with marketing copywriting preferred.
- Experience measuring and analyzing campaigns, and using analytics to drive a strategic direction.
- Experience in email marketing and effective storytelling.
Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as stated above are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them with the equivalent combination of education, training and experience required for the responsibilities of this position
SALARY: $47,597 - $68,240 (Grade 3) Actual salary will be commensurate with education and experience per the MCCC Collective Bargaining Agreement. See http://www.mass.edu/shared/collbargaining/mccc.pdf
GRANT FUNDED: Yes (funded through June 30, 2023, with an opportunity for renewal)
WORK SCHEDULE: 37.5 hours per week
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Springfield Technical Community College is not sponsoring H1B Visa.
COVID VACCINATION REQUIREMENT:
Candidates for employment should be aware that Springfield Technical Community College faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Accordingly, initial employment is dependent upon receipt and verification of full vaccination status records; details of how to fulfill vaccine record verification requirements will be provided during the hire and onboarding process.
INFORMATION AWARENESS SECURITY TRAINING:
Candidates for employment should be aware that all STCC employees are required to complete Information Awareness Security Training within thirty days of their orientation date and annually thereafter.
All applicants must apply online www.stcc.edu/about-stcc/employment by submitting a cover letter**, resume and three (3) professional references.
**Cover letter must demonstrate how your education and experience qualifies you for this position.
STCC conducts a pre-employment screening. Initial and continued employment is dependent upon meeting National Background Check, Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) and/or Sex Offender Registry Information (SORI) check and if applicable, Physical and Alcohol/Drug Testing requirements. Screening also includes verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history. Finalist(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment screening as a condition of employment.
POLICY STATEMENT ON AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY & DIVERSITY
Springfield Technical Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's for Affirmative Action and/or Title IX Coordinator, Kathryn C. Senie, Ed.D, J.D. at 413.755.5642 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights. Springfield Technical Community College will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
STCC's personnel and academic decisions, programs and policies are formulated and conducted in a manner, which will ensure equal access for all people and prevent discrimination. As part of this effort, a College will ensure that employment and academic decisions, programs and policies will be based solely on the individual eligibility, merit or fitness of applicants, employees and students without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, marital status, military service, gender identity, genetic information, sexual orientation or political or union affiliation.
To apply, visit https://stcc.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=156210&CNTRNO=0&TSTMP=0
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency