This ad is expired.
Patient Simulation Informatics Coordinator
Department: School of Health and Patient Simulation
Locations: Springfield, MA
Posted: Nov 22, 2022
Closes: Open Until Filled
Position ID:: 156144
About Springfield Technical Community College :
Located on 35 acres of the Springfield Armory National Historic Site and founded in 1967, Springfield Technical Community College is a major resource for the economic vitality of Western Massachusetts. As the only technical community college in Massachusetts, STCC offers a variety of career programs unequalled in the state. Digital Multimedia, IT Security, Nursing, Robotics, Sonography, Mechanical Engineering Technology (Advance Manufacturing) and dozens of other career programs produce potential employees each year. STCC's highly-regarded transfer programs in Business, Engineering, Liberal Arts, Science and Technology continue to provide the most economical option for students pursuing a four-year degree. With an annual enrollment of over 6,500, evening, weekend and online students, STCC is a vibrant campus rich in diversity and justifiably proud of our designation as a Hispanic Serving Institution. Respect, is one of the Core Values of the College and we strive to nurture mutual respect among faculty, staff and students. With respect, we embrace differences to create an inclusive environment for all. Together, we support students as they transform their lives through intellectual, cultural, and economic engagement while becoming thoughtful, committed and socially responsible graduates.
Under the direction of the Dean of the School of Health & Patient Simulation, the Patient Simulation Informatics Coordinator will provide patient simulation informatics coordination capabilities for the simulation center to ensure participants receive quality education and services in simulated medical education specifically for the college's nursing program and EMT courses.
- Design, create, and build clinical simulation content using SMC authoring tools.
- Coordinate the effective use of simulation technology in the simulation center.
- Facilitate and guide the creation of dynamic and logical technology use in SMC.
- Create and design outcome reports using resultant simulation technology usage.
- Operate simulation equipment with the ability to follow medical aspects of training scenarios and makes appropriate adjustments based on participant actions.
- Works with a broad array of stakeholders to contribute to the development of educationally sound simulation curriculum (IE- Scenarios).
- Develop and maintain the SMC website materials and online learning resources.
- Maintain and post schedule for simulation rooms and master calendar.
- Assist in preparing and delivering simulation encounters for conferences, either on or off site.
- Trouble shoot for and implement minor repairs.
- Provide assistance to students and faculty using patient simulation.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff to produce, set up, break down, maintain, and organize equipment and materials for specific simulation events.
- Direct faculty and students as to simulation lab resources, supplies, equipment and related safety procedures.
- Run simulation events as required.
- Maintain safety standards with regard to use of equipment and hazardous waste disposal.
- Provide orientation for faculty, students, and others relevant to appropriate safety measures when working with simulation.
- Assist in tours and information sessions as required.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Certification/Licensed as a Paramedic, RN, or EMT.
- 3 years of experience in one of these healthcare fields.
- Self-Starter, detail oriented.
- Enjoys and has a proven ability for learning new technologies.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic and growing environment.
- Web software startup experience is a plus.
- Must possess polished interpersonal and verbal/written skills.
- Must have complete FDA/CDC approved covid-19 vaccination series.
- Experience in course development and educational methodology.
- Experience operating and programming proprietary patient simulation software.
- Experience with learning management systems and content development technologies such as adobe captivate or Articulate is a plus.
- Demonstrable and applicable knowledge of adult learning theory, instructional design and competency assessment, HTML/AML design/coding and PHP coding experience is a plus.
- Ability to work as a team member and build collaborative relationships with all programs.
- Ability to multi-task and work under strict deadlines independently in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills with ability to analyze situations identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions.
- Significant demonstrated experience in computer use, set up, troubleshooting and maintenance. Preferred experience and skills with Windows and Macintosh Operating systems.
- Understanding of analog and digital audio-visual equipment
- Understanding of medical equipment, both electronic and mechanical.
- Ability to independently troubleshoot A/V, Medical and Simulation related equipment.
- Ability to travel to conferences, trainings and seminars as requested by the director.
Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as stated above are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them with the equivalent combination of education, training and experience required for the responsibilities of this position
SALARY: $25.00 hourly rate. Up to 18.5 hours per week,
BENEFITS: No, Part-time, non-benefited position.
GRANT FUNDED: No
CLOSES: Open Until Filled
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Springfield Technical Community College is not sponsoring H1B Visa.
COVID VACCINATION REQUIREMENT:
Candidates for employment should be aware that Springfield Technical Community College faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Accordingly, initial employment is dependent upon receipt and verification of full vaccination status records; details of how to fulfill vaccine record verification requirements will be provided during the hire and onboarding process.
INFORMATION AWARENESS SECURITY TRAINING:
Candidates for employment should be aware that all STCC employees are required to complete Information Awareness Security Training within thirty days of their orientation date and annually thereafter.
All applicants must apply online by submitting a cover letter**, resume and three (3) professional references.
**Cover letter must demonstrate how your education and experience qualifies you for this position.
STCC conducts a pre-employment screening. Initial and continued employment is dependent upon meeting National Background Check, Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) and/or Sex Offender Registry Information (SORI) check and if applicable, Physical and Alcohol/Drug Testing requirements. Screening also includes verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history. Finalist(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment screening as a condition of employment.
POLICY STATEMENT ON AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY & DIVERSITY
Springfield Technical Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's for Affirmative Action and/or Title IX Coordinator, Kathryn C. Senie, Ed.D, J.D. at 413.755.5642 or via email at email@example.com, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights. Springfield Technical Community College will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
STCC's personnel and academic decisions, programs and policies are formulated and conducted in a manner, which will ensure equal access for all people and prevent discrimination. As part of this effort, a College will ensure that employment and academic decisions, programs and policies will be based solely on the individual eligibility, merit or fitness of applicants, employees and students without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, marital status, military service, gender identity, genetic information, sexual orientation or political or union affiliation.
To apply, visit https://stcc.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=156144&CNTRNO=1&TSTMP=0
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency