This ad is expired.
Part-time Reference & Instruction Librarian
Category: Administrative and Professional
Locations: Springfield, MA
Posted: Oct 7, 2021
Closes: Oct 21, 2021 - 11:59 PM EDT
Type: PT No Benefits
Position ID:: 137869
About Springfield Technical Community College :
Located on 35 acres of the Springfield Armory National Historic Site and founded in 1967, Springfield Technical Community College is a major resource for the economic vitality of Western Massachusetts. As the only technical community college in Massachusetts, STCC offers a variety of career programs unequalled in the state. Digital Multimedia, IT Security, Nursing, Robotics, Sonography, Mechanical Engineering Technology (Advance Manufacturing) and dozens of other career programs produce potential employees each year. STCC's highly-regarded transfer programs in Business, Engineering, Liberal Arts, Science and Technology continue to provide the most economical option for students pursuing a four-year degree. With an annual enrollment of over 6,500, evening, weekend and online students, STCC is a vibrant campus rich in diversity and justifiably proud of our designation as a Hispanic Serving Institution. Respect, is one of the Core Values of the College and we strive to nurture mutual respect among faculty, staff and students. With respect, we embrace differences to create an inclusive environment for all. Together, we support students as they transform their lives through intellectual, cultural, and economic engagement while becoming thoughtful, committed and socially responsible graduates.
The STCC Library is well known among colleagues and students for our strength in support of student learning and of student success. The staff is a team of individuals who all contribute to the library's goals.
The Part-time Reference & Instruction Librarian will work as scheduled - between 15 and 18 hours a week during semesters. (TBD) Break work depends on the hours awarded.
The Part-time Reference & Instruction Librarian will:
- Provide excellent public service at our Reference Desk.
- Develop knowledge of new technologies and new techniques in reference services.
- Maintain and report accurate statistics surrounding reference services.
- Become familiar with the library's collections (print and digital).
- Teach bibliographic instruction classes including research and assignment specific skills.
- Collaborate with the Coordinator of Instruction Librarian and faculty members.
- Be aware of communication needs and styles of different learners.
- Prepare library subject guides and instructional materials for print and web environments.
- Assist in planning, implementing and publicizing reference services in innovative ways throughout the college community.
- Work in a team environment.
- Support a strong service orientation throughout the library.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- MLS or significant progress toward an MLS from an ALA accredited institution is required.
- Demonstrated research proficiency and understanding of research methodologies and tools.
- Ability to incorporate emerging technologies into the research process.
- Familiarity with MLA, APA and AMA citation styles.
- Ability to acknowledge different learning styles.
- Enjoy engaging colleagues and students in the joy of research.
- Be excited about teaching classes and individuals, and demonstrate those skills.
- Have an aptitude for organization and attention to detail.
- Strong team communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, especially the use of Microsoft Office and Google products.
- Preference will be given to those with demonstrated experience working at a reference desk and teaching information literacy classes
Salary: $30.03 per hour (MCCP Union)
Work Schedule: M; 9:30am-5pm, W; 10am-6 pm, T; 10am-2pm, S; 10am-2pm - alternating biweekly schedule
COVID VACCINATION REQUIREMENT:
Candidates for employment should be aware that all STCC students, faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated by January, 2022. Accordingly, initial employment is dependent upon receipt and verification of full vaccination status and details regarding how to fulfill vaccine documentation requirements will be shared during the hire and onboarding process.
INFORMATION AWARENESS SECURITY TRAINING:
Candidates for employment should be aware that all STCC employees are required to complete Information Awareness Security Training within thirty days of their orientation date and annually thereafter.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: All applicants must apply online by submitting a cover letter**, resume and three (3) professional **Cover letter must demonstrate how your education and experience qualifies you for this position.
STCC conducts a pre-employment screening. Initial and continued employment is dependent upon meeting National Background Check, Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) and/or Sex Offender Registry Information (SORI) check and if applicable, Physical and Alcohol/Drug Testing requirements. Screening also includes verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history. Finalist(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment screening as a condition of employment.
POLICY STATEMENT ON AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY & DIVERSITY
The Board of Higher Education and the Boards of Trustees of the Community Colleges maintain and promote a policy of non-discrimination on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information maternity leave, military service and national origin ("protected class(s)/classification(s)." Further, this policy prohibits retaliation and incorporates by reference, and where applicable, the requirements of Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1968; Titles I and II of the Civil Rights Act of 1991; Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and its regulations found at 34 C.F.R. part 106; Equal Pay Act of 1963; Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1988; Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990; Section 402 of the Vietnam-era Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA); Age Discrimination Act of 1975; Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, as amended; Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993; Federal Executive Order 11246 of 1965, as amended by Executive Order 11375 of 1967; Federal Executive Order 12900 of 1994; Federal Executive Order 13145 of 2000; Federal Executive Order 13160 of 2000; Federal Executive Order 13166 of 2000; Massachusetts Civil Rights Act; Massachusetts General Laws Chapters 151B, 151C, and Chapter 149; directives of the BHE, the Boards of Trustees of the Community Colleges and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts; and other applicable local, state and federal constitutions, statutes, regulations and executive orders.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
STCC's personnel and academic decisions, programs and policies are formulated and conducted in a manner, which will ensure equal access for all people and prevent discrimination. As part of this effort, a College will ensure that employment and academic decisions, programs and policies will be based solely on the individual eligibility, merit or fitness of applicants, employees and students without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, marital status, military service, gender identity, genetic information, sexual orientation or political or union affiliation.
To apply, visit https://stcc.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=137869&CNTRNO=0&TSTMP=0
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency