Part-time HSI STEM Grant Data Analyst
Department: School of STEM
Locations: Springfield, MA
Posted: Oct 26, 2021
Closes: Open Until Filled
Type: PT No Benefits
Position ID:: 138611
About Springfield Technical Community College :
Located on 35 acres of the Springfield Armory National Historic Site and founded in 1967, Springfield Technical Community College is a major resource for the economic vitality of Western Massachusetts. As the only technical community college in Massachusetts, STCC offers a variety of career programs unequalled in the state. Digital Multimedia, IT Security, Nursing, Robotics, Sonography, Mechanical Engineering Technology (Advance Manufacturing) and dozens of other career programs produce potential employees each year. STCC's highly-regarded transfer programs in Business, Engineering, Liberal Arts, Science and Technology continue to provide the most economical option for students pursuing a four-year degree. With an annual enrollment of over 6,500, evening, weekend and online students, STCC is a vibrant campus rich in diversity and justifiably proud of our designation as a Hispanic Serving Institution. Respect, is one of the Core Values of the College and we strive to nurture mutual respect among faculty, staff and students. With respect, we embrace differences to create an inclusive environment for all. Together, we support students as they transform their lives through intellectual, cultural, and economic engagement while becoming thoughtful, committed and socially responsible graduates.
Springfield Technical Community College (STCC) is an urban two-year Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) in Springfield, MA, the third largest city in the state (pop. 153,606; 65.5% Hispanic or African-American). The STEM: Estrategias de Acceso y Retencion Project activity and expected outcome is to increase the percent of Hispanic and low-income students entering, progressing, completing, and transferring in STEM disciplines.
- Reporting to the Dean of Institutional Research, the Data Analyst will be responsible for the following functions, which include, but are not limited to:
- Collects, processes, and manages a variety of quantitative data. Sorts, updates, and merges data files from a variety of sources.
- Ensures the quality and accuracy of imported or derived data, including identifying anomalies that require resolution prior to analysis and reporting.
- Extracts data from the student management system to support the targeted grant initiatives.
- Creates longitudinal data sets using statistical or database management software such as SPSS or Microsoft ACCESS, and/or SQL.
- Provides technical expertise on data storage, data mining, and data cleaning.
- Provides timely and accurate responses to inquiries and requests.
- Assists with the administration of internal/external surveys.
Abilities and Skills:
- Minimum of two (2) years of related experience;
- Experience with relational databases, data warehousing, and related reporting tools;
- Experience successfully developing accurate reports, queries, and other data outputs using Query tools such as Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Microsoft Access etc.;
- Experience with one or more statistical software applications (SAS, SPSS, and R etc.)
- Experience creating charts in MS Excel or other software that produces charts and graphs.
- Experience managing and manipulating data sets;
- Experience with quantitative data analysis;
- Highly motivated, resourceful and self-directed with the ability to deliver under pressure;
- Ability to manage multitask and meet deadlines;
- Ability to handle sensitive information appropriately;
- Very strong attention to detail;
- Experience with Microsoft office and Google applications;
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills required;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with a diverse constituency of faculty, staff, and students.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems or other related field, such as a social science with applied quantitative and statistical coursework.
- Evidence of strong written and verbal communication skills to support interactions with diverse academic and non-academic audiences
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Must have demonstrated ability to produce reports.
- A commitment to working in a culturally diverse, urban community college.
- Experience with student management systems.
- Experience with Tableau or other data visualization software a plus.
- Experience working in a community college or other higher education setting.
- Experience with Institutional Research data collections is considered a plus.
WORK SCHEDULE: 18.75 hours/week
GRANT FUNDED: Yes - HSI STEM Grant (5 year appointment)
CLOSES: Open Until Filled
COVID VACCINATION REQUIREMENT:
Candidates for employment should be aware that all STCC students, faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated by January, 2022. Accordingly, initial employment is dependent upon receipt and verification of full vaccination status and details regarding how to fulfill vaccine documentation requirements will be shared during the hire and onboarding process.
INFORMATION AWARENESS SECURITY TRAINING:
Candidates for employment should be aware that all STCC employees are required to complete Information Awareness Security Training within thirty days of their orientation date and annually thereafter.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: All applicants must apply online at www.stcc.edu/about-stcc/employment by submitting a cover letter**, resume and three (3) professional **Cover letter must demonstrate how your education and experience qualifies you for this position.
STCC conducts a pre-employment screening. Initial and continued employment is dependent upon meeting National Background Check, Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) and/or Sex Offender Registry Information (SORI) check and if applicable, Physical and Alcohol/Drug Testing requirements. Screening also includes verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history. Finalist(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment screening as a condition of employment.
POLICY STATEMENT ON AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY & DIVERSITY
The Board of Higher Education and the Boards of Trustees of the Community Colleges maintain and promote a policy of non-discrimination on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information maternity leave, military service and national origin ("protected class(s)/classification(s)." Further, this policy prohibits retaliation and incorporates by reference, and where applicable, the requirements of Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1968; Titles I and II of the Civil Rights Act of 1991; Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and its regulations found at 34 C.F.R. part 106; Equal Pay Act of 1963; Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1988; Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990; Section 402 of the Vietnam-era Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA); Age Discrimination Act of 1975; Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, as amended; Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993; Federal Executive Order 11246 of 1965, as amended by Executive Order 11375 of 1967; Federal Executive Order 12900 of 1994; Federal Executive Order 13145 of 2000; Federal Executive Order 13160 of 2000; Federal Executive Order 13166 of 2000; Massachusetts Civil Rights Act; Massachusetts General Laws Chapters 151B, 151C, and Chapter 149; directives of the BHE, the Boards of Trustees of the Community Colleges and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts; and other applicable local, state and federal constitutions, statutes, regulations and executive orders.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
STCC's personnel and academic decisions, programs and policies are formulated and conducted in a manner, which will ensure equal access for all people and prevent discrimination. As part of this effort, a College will ensure that employment and academic decisions, programs and policies will be based solely on the individual eligibility, merit or fitness of applicants, employees and students without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, marital status, military service, gender identity, genetic information, sexual orientation or political or union affiliation.
To apply, visit https://stcc.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=138611&CNTRNO=1&TSTMP=0
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
$GUIDPT No Benefits