Manager, STEM Challenge Project (Grant)
Austin Community College
Job Posting Closing Times: Job postings are removed from advertising at 12:00 A.M. on the closing date e.g., at midnight on the day before the closing date.
If you are a current Austin Community College employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a multicultural population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college, as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college's mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for populations including; first generation college students, low-income students, and students from underserved communities.
- Focused on student academic achievement and postgraduate outcomes
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
Job Posting Title:
Manager, STEM Challenge Project (Grant)
Job Description Summary:
Provides project management and guidance for project scope, implementation, continuous improvement, and subsequent maintenance by the business owner for key technology platforms -- which include, but are not limited to, ERP/SIS and CRM platforms. Responsible for the design, development, coordination, and management of STEM Challenge projects and programs, and supervision of staff. This position is a grant-funded, full-time position for the remainder of the grant term 10/31/2025.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Implement an Employer Outreach Strategy for Apprenticeship and Non-apprenticeship partnership.
- Oversee project implementation and evaluation.
- Serve as a liaison to the Economic Development Administration.
- Oversee the grant budget, including processing payments, documenting purchases, and ensuring all spending is allowable.
- Design and implement a program marketing plan to recruit a diverse group of students with requisite skills.
- Attend job fairs.
- Collaborate with local military bases and veterans service organizations, labor unions, workforce boards, employers, and internal partners at ACC to encourage referrals.
- Inform potential students about semiconductor equipment technician training.
- Oversee internal evaluation of the program.
- Prepare and submit all required performance and financial reports to the EDA and local stakeholders.
- Establish an understanding of how technology fits into the strategic goals of aligned business units.
- Establish specific needs and project scope requirements; evaluate alternatives, and prepare budget estimates.
- Utilize project methodology and processes to coordinate project activities with stakeholders and others.
- Partner to construct project documentation and facilitate approvals to ensure project deliverables are acceptable and fulfill the terms of the project charter. Monitors and manages project tasks to ensure projects are completed within the expected timeline.
- Liaise with other technology partners in other divisions to coordinate projects, determine potential overlap, and identify additional stakeholders.
- Direct and manage projects to meet the established project scope, budget and schedule; meet with stakeholders and project members to resolve potential problems and address concerns.
- Prepare reports to update project status to College leadership, project members, and stakeholders.
- Collaborate to establish processes, improvements, and technology training to ensure consistency for divisional and departmental staff.
- Assesses and analyzes opportunities so leadership can make informed decisions, monitors the progress and schedule of projects, and communicates with project stakeholders, management, and other relevant parties to ensure visibility and alignment into project milestones.
Must possess the required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Information technology and instructional resources technology terminology, practices, policies, procedures, and hardware and software specification development.
- Familiarity with current and emerging educational technologies.
- Knowledge and experience with student information systems and customer relationship management.
- Basic knowledge of Apprenticeship Models
- Understanding of the Labor Market needs for the Manufacturing Industry
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Effectively using interpersonal and written communication skills, including the use of tact, diplomacy, understanding, and valuing all contributions.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Working collaboratively with diverse constituencies.
- Assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects, and demands.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
- Web conferencing tools such as Google Hangouts and WebEx.
- Use and experience with Google Suite tools.
- Updating websites using content management solutions.
Required Work Experience
- Two years related work experience and one year of supervisory experience
- Completion of the ACC Supervisor Certificate Series Program will satisfy the supervisory experience required for this position.
Preferred Work Experience
- Experience in a higher education setting. Project management experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Work is performed in a standard office or similar environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
$61,159 - $76,450
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date:
February 26, 2024
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC at its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.
To apply, please visit: https://austincc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Highland-Campus/Manager--STEM-Challenge-Project--Grant-_R-5641
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency