MILITARY INSTRUCTOR: Adjunct / Substitute Instructor POOL (college credit)
San Diego Community College District
Location: District Wide
Position Type: Adjunct
Applications are currently being accepted for Personnel Specialist (PS) Yeoman (YN) Instructor, located at the Naval Air Station in Meridian, Mississippi.
Please note that an employee may be transferred to any site at the option of the Chancellor.
- Advise On-Site Training Manager (OSTM) on all course delivery accomplishments and issues, including anticipating problems and developing proactive mitigation strategies.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all assigned building courses and provide direction for all instructors delivering courses in assigned building.
- Complete tasks within required timeframes and budget constraints, manage schedules, assign duties to subordinates, monitor staff work hours, etc.
- Serve as interim facilitator for courses within assigned building as needed and available when dictated by instructor vacancies.
- Provide course instruction IAW all applicable Navy standards, regulations, and guidelines.
- Ensure appropriate set-up, maintenance, and administration of classroom IAW Navy guidelines and requirements.
- Maintain student grades, reports, and training jackets to include weekly evaluation records, attendance, counseling information, testing records, and requirements.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of instructional materials and training equipment.
- Coordinate with OSTM to ensure all student records and reports are available for review by authorized personnel.
- Serve as SME on assigned course content, providing recommendations for course updates and/or changes as needed.
- Conduct all courses with professionalism, appropriate grooming, and behavior consistent with Navy guidelines.
- Develop remediation plans and provide remediation support for under-performing students IAW NTTC Learning Center policy.
- Administer tests IAW NTTC Learning Center policy and compute grades in the Corporate Enterprise Training Activity Resource Systems (CeTARS).
- Ensure physical and informational safety and security of students and all NTTC equipment and training materials, reporting violations immediately to OSTM and designated government personnel.
- Participate in initial orientation/training/IST as applicable and obtain/maintain government certification for assigned courses.
- Perform other instructor support duties as assigned by OSTM.
[If possess] California Community College Instructor Credential in Military Science (valid for life)
At the time that an offer of assignment is made, proper salary placement is contingent upon receipt of OFFICIAL (sealed) transcripts and Verifications of Previous Work Experience (if applicable). Instructors with advanced coursework and/ or experience shall be placed on the appropriate class and step on the Adjunct College Salary Schedules, effective the first month following receipt (in Human Resources) of the official transcripts and Verifications of Previous Work Experience (if applicable). Initial salary placement will be at the first class/step until all required documentation has been submitted.
Click here for the current salary schedule or you may view the current salary schedule by using the Salary Schedules link to the left.
If you would like to open the link in a different tab or window, right click and select the option.
To apply, visit: https://www.sdccdjobs.com
All applicants must have demonstrated cultural competency and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency