Financial Aid Systems Specialist
West Valley-Mission Community College District
Closing Date: 8/30/2022
The Enrollment and Financial Services department is seeking a talented Financial Aid Systems Specialist.
Mission College, located in the heart of Silicon Valley, is seeking a dynamic leader who thrives in a fast-paced and innovative environment. Recognized as both a Hispanic Serving Institution and an Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institution, Mission College is known for the strength of our academic programs and faculty as well as our equity-minded and student-focused approach that combines high-tech and high-touch.
Under the direction of the Dean of Enrollment and Financial Services, perform technical support for application systems and business processes in the delivery of financial aid and scholarships; maintain systems setup and functionality, and strengthen program compliance efforts through timely reporting to federal, state, and auditing agencies; knowledgeable of District and department policies and procedures; efficiently and effectively troubleshoot and document system problems; design, test, and maintain data reporting functions to enhance and support reporting requirements and data tracking needs; serve as a liaison between the Information Systems (IS) Department, Ellucian Action Line, Global Financial Aid Systems, consultants, and department staff in the maintenance of financial aid systems; and to perform a variety of technical functions related to financial aid, institutional scholarships, and related programs.
Applicants who possess the knowledge, skills, and life experiences to address the cultural and educational needs of a culturally diverse student population are encouraged to apply.
100% of full time, 37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year, with anticipated start date of October 24, 2022. Schedule may change to include some evening or weekend hours, as needed. This position is represented by the West Valley-Mission Classified Employees Association (WVMCEA), Office, Technical & Business Services Employee Unit.Work Location: Office of Financial Aid, Mission College, Santa Clara, CA
Salary and Benefits:
Anticipated Hiring Range:
- $7,409-$8,102 monthly (WVMCEA Salary Schedule, Range 69, Steps A-C).
- Employer-contributed medical, dental and vision for employee, spouse, and/or dependents.
- Employer-paid long term disability for employee.
- Employer-provided life insurance.
- 13 paid holidays, plus 1 floating holiday annually; paid non-workdays between Christmas and New Year.
- 12 days vacation leave accrued annually; rate increases step-wise up to maximum 22 days
- vacation leave accrued annually.
- 12 days sick leave accrued annually.
- Personal necessity leave and personal business leave.
- Educational growth incentive program from $45 to $225 monthly.
- $500 longevity award annually after 10 years of service and $1,000 longevity award annually after 15 years of service.
- CalPERS retirement.
- Position is union affiliated.
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
- Understanding of, and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff; AND
- Equivalent to an Associates degree from an accredited college with major coursework in computer science, business, general education, or a related field; AND
- Three years of increasingly responsible application systems experience including the use and troubleshooting of ERP applications and supporting data reporting functions, preferably in Financial Aid or similar student services office.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Participate in the modification of existing financial aid system and/or the implementation of system upgrades by developing, writing, and disseminating procedures that utilize new or changed processes and by testing and evaluating system modifications in response to operational, program, and/or regulatory changes.
- Review financial aid operations, policies, and procedures; identify and integrate user needs and operational, programmatic, and/or regulatory changes with system set-up, upgrade, data processing, and reporting functions; propose solutions or modifications to improve processes and service levels.
- Identify, analyze, and troubleshoot problems and issues related to the efficiency of automated financial aid and scholarship system software modules and related databases.
- Design, create, and run reports to meet regulatory requirements; set up report definitions to ensure proper export/import of data.
- Ensure integration of the financial aid system with other system modules and external data systems by conducting comparative analysis and validation of the data.
- Create and maintain technical documentation including user guides and training and procedure manuals.
- Serve as a liaison between Financial Aid staff, IS, and consultants; communicate business and system needs to IS and consultants; ensure the design, configuration, and implementation of financial aid modules meets business and system requirements.
- Function as a team member on technology implementation teams related to financial aid; provide expertise on financial aid programs and regulatory requirements.
- Administer assigned financial aid program including coordination of program reporting, accountability, outreach and marketing, and regulatory compliance; analyze and ensure compliance with federal and state guidelines and District policies and procedures; act as liaison with other departments and outside agencies in the processing, tracking, and monitoring of program requirements and documentation.
- Attend and participate in professional development and training activities.
- Prepare and maintain accurate and timely reports; perform monthly and annual reconciliation of assigned programs.
- Hire, train, and assign work to student workers; process and review work study student timesheets; may function as work study coordinator as required.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other district employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Foster an environment that embraces diversity, integrity, trust, and respect.
- Be an integral team player, which involves flexibility, cooperation, and communication.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741-2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency