This ad is expired.
Facilities Project Manager
Category: Administrative and Professional
Department: Facilities Department
Locations: Springfield, MA
Posted: Jul 9, 2021
Closes: Jul 30, 2021 - 11:59 PM EDT
Position ID:: 133445
About Springfield Technical Community College :
Located on 35 acres of the Springfield Armory National Historic Site and founded in 1967, Springfield Technical Community College is a major resource for the economic vitality of Western Massachusetts. As the only technical community college in Massachusetts, STCC offers a variety of career programs unequalled in the state. Digital Multimedia, IT Security, Nursing, Robotics, Sonography, Mechanical Engineering Technology (Advance Manufacturing) and dozens of other career programs produce potential employees each year. STCC's highly-regarded transfer programs in Business, Engineering, Liberal Arts, Science and Technology continue to provide the most economical option for students pursuing a four-year degree. With an annual enrollment of over 6,500, evening, weekend and online students, STCC is a vibrant campus rich in diversity and justifiably proud of our designation as a Hispanic Serving Institution. Respect, is one of the Core Values of the College and we strive to nurture mutual respect among faculty, staff and students. With respect, we embrace differences to create an inclusive environment for all. Together, we support students as they transform their lives through intellectual, cultural, and economic engagement while becoming thoughtful, committed and socially responsible graduates.
Under the general direction of the Senior Director of Facilities, this individual manages facilities emergency, capital and operational projects for existing building renovations and new facilities, infrastructure, parking lots, sidewalks etc.. As a member of the Facilities Department, this individual will plan, manage and support all activities for projects from program development, planning and design, budget guidelines and compliance with all regulatory standards and codes. Works with and manages House Doctors. Complies with public procurement procedures for the state of Massachusetts.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating architectural, engineering, IT, technical, Campus Police and administrative support to develop construction plans, design criteria and financial and quality controls for each project. Creates and monitors the completion of project punch lists.
- Recommending ways to improve project efficiency and realize cost-effective completion. Develops and maintains project scopes, schedules and files, bid packages, code compliance, project documentation, budgets and disbursements.
- Ensures that each project is completed within established budgets and schedules, while meeting user needs, institutional and divisional objectives, and design guidelines.
- Ensures successful completion of projects including relocation of groups with minimal business interruption, inconvenience or lost time.
- Ensures projects are in compliance with city, state and Federal regulatory agencies and codes such as DCAMM and Department of Public Health (DPH), DEP and DPS etc.
- Ensures that department complies with established policies, quality assurance programs, safety and infection control policies and procedures as it relates to project activities.
- Ensures compliance with all health and safety regulations and requirements.
- Uses and complies with management checklists and operational tools for implementation of projects.
- Manage infrastructure planning for projects and assure coordination of plans, including HVAC, MEP, and engineering.
- Communicates and/or collaborates with the National Park Service and Mass Historic.
- Must be a self- directed individual and possess the skills to take full charge of projects with little oversight from management.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable building, life safety, fire and health codes and regulations applicable to renovations and new construction.
- Considerable knowledge of building materials and components. Performs other similar and related duties as required or directed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Engineering or at least 20 years of experience managing multi-million dollar projects, including MEP infrastructure renovations.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD or complete a certificate program within 6 months of hire.
- Must have proven knowledge of reading and interpreting blueprints and related documents. Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable building, safety, fire and health codes and regulations.
- Must be able to analyze problems and solve them creatively. Should have comprehensive business, technical, or functional knowledge.
- Must have strong financial background with ability to track multiple disbursements and a demonstrated history of completing projects within budget.
- Must possess strong relationship building skills, communication/ interpersonal skills, negotiation skills and demonstrated project management skills. Must have the ability to facilitate efficient, productive meetings, the ability to resolve conflicts in a professional manner and a demonstrated history of satisfied clients is required.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities, objectives and deadlines.
- Must have project management skills to lead projects with little oversight from management.
- Experience writing MEP specifications and managing MEP projects preferred.
Salary: $65,594 - $78,713 depending upon experience and skill level.
Benefits: - Yes. Full-time Non Unit Professional position
Closing Date: July 30, 2021
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: All applicants must apply online at www.stcc.edu. by submitting a cover letter**, resume and three (3) professional **Cover letter must demonstrate how your education and experience qualifies you for this position.
STCC conducts a pre-employment screening. Initial and continued employment is dependent upon meeting National Background Check, Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) and/or Sex Offender Registry Information (SORI) check and if applicable, Physical and Alcohol/Drug Testing requirements. Screening also includes verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history. Finalist(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment screening as a condition of employment.
POLICY STATEMENT ON AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY & DIVERSITY
The Board of Higher Education and the Boards of Trustees of the Community Colleges maintain and promote a policy of non-discrimination on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information maternity leave, military service and national origin ("protected class(s)/classification(s)." Further, this policy prohibits retaliation and incorporates by reference, and where applicable, the requirements of Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1968; Titles I and II of the Civil Rights Act of 1991; Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and its regulations found at 34 C.F.R. part 106; Equal Pay Act of 1963; Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1988; Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990; Section 402 of the Vietnam-era Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA); Age Discrimination Act of 1975; Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, as amended; Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993; Federal Executive Order 11246 of 1965, as amended by Executive Order 11375 of 1967; Federal Executive Order 12900 of 1994; Federal Executive Order 13145 of 2000; Federal Executive Order 13160 of 2000; Federal Executive Order 13166 of 2000; Massachusetts Civil Rights Act; Massachusetts General Laws Chapters 151B, 151C, and Chapter 149; directives of the BHE, the Boards of Trustees of the Community Colleges and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts; and other applicable local, state and federal constitutions, statutes, regulations and executive orders.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
STCC's personnel and academic decisions, programs and policies are formulated and conducted in a manner, which will ensure equal access for all people and prevent discrimination. As part of this effort, a College will ensure that employment and academic decisions, programs and policies will be based solely on the individual eligibility, merit or fitness of applicants, employees and students without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, marital status, military service, gender identity, genetic information, sexual orientation or political or union affiliation.
To apply, visit https://stcc.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=133445&CNTRNO=4&TSTMP=0
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency