Director of Learning Commons
Thank you for your interest in Truckee Meadows Community College. If you need assistance or have questions regarding the application process, please contact Human Resources at (775) 673-7168 or email@example.com.
Truckee Meadows Community College (TMCC), located in Reno, Nevada is seeking applicants for a Director of the Learning Commons.
This position demonstrates an understanding of the evolving role of the Learning Commons Model in a community college setting and has a record of developing metrics and unit plans aligned with success and effectiveness. The Director oversees the development, coordination and implementation of programs and services for the general academic development of TMCC students. The Director will coordinate with the academic leadership team to ensure services are appropriate and contribute to student retention and success goals, and the mission of TMCC. The Director will manage the internal operations of the Elizabeth Sturm Library, the Tutoring and Learning Center, WebCollege and Academic Support Center, which reside in the Learning Commons. The Director is responsible for planning, implementing, supervising and assessing the resources and services of the Library, tutoring, WebCollege and Academic Support Center.
1. Bachelor's degree from accredited institution
2. 5 years of experience in higher education
- 3 years of which need to be in a supervisory/management level
3. Demonstrated strength in collaborative leadership management
4. Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
1. Master's degree from an accredited institution
Working with leadership and staff the learning commons director will:
- Provide leadership, advocacy, vision and fiscal management of the Learning Commons, which includes Library, Tutoring, WebCollege and Academic Support Center to engage in and meet strategic planning goals & data-informed continuous quality improvement.
- Create an engaging, innovative, and learning-conducive environment for the Learning Commons.
- Collaboratively develop assessment metrics for the LC to meet strategic planning goals of TMCC.
- Provide vision and leadership of the WebCollege to establish a strategic eLearning focus to expand online and hybrid course offerings, enhance instructional delivery, promote innovation and best practices.
- Coordinate and collaborate the Tutoring center staff and faculty to create an engaging, innovative, and learning-conducive environment for students.
- Provide proper procedures and policies and support to PT faculty.
- Maintaining sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic background of community college students, faculty, and staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Instructional Technologies, OER, Information Literacy services, cross-department collaboration, community college setting, accreditation experience, instructional design theories, online learning best practices, copyright laws, rules and regulations in ADA standards, LMS administration, excellent communication skills, written & verbal, handle multiple
projects, fiscal management, supervisory and leadership
Salary and Benefits Information:
Salary: $91,244 - $114,055, Initial salary placement will be dependent on education level and years of experience.
Perks of Working at TMCC
- Health insurance options including dental and vision - Health Insurance
- 15.5% retirement match, 24 annual leave days, a beginning balance of 30 sick leave days, 11 paid holidays
- Life insurance, long-term disability, generous annual and sick leave - NSHE Benefits
- Sports and Fitness Center with annual or monthly membership options for employee and spouse/domestic partner.
- ComPsych supports employees through life's difficult moments.
- Professional Grant-in-Aid: TMCC is proud to provide a reduced-rate tuition benefit to faculty and qualified dependents. Faculty can take up to six credits per semester at a reduced rate. Dependents of faculty have unlimited credits, but in order to be eligible children must be unmarried and under the age of 24 and must receive at least 50% of their financial support from the employee and/or employee's spouse or domestic partner.
- Free parking on all TMCC campus locations.
- No State income tax
- All full-time faculty and staff are provided with a variety of discounts and employee purchase programs.
Please note, once you submit your application the only attachment/s viewable to you will be the attachment/s to the resume/CV section of the application. Any additional required attachment/s to the cover letter, references, additional documents sections of the application, will not be viewable to you after you submit your application. All uploaded attachment/s will be on the application for the committee to review. To request updates to attachments, prior to the committee review of applications, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to be given full consideration all of the following must be attached to your application.1) Resume/CV2) Cover Letter3) Contact Information for Three Supervisory References - Please make a note if you do not want your present employer contacted unless necessary to determine your qualifications for the position.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. Search committees will use this information to determine that applicants meet minimum qualifications as listed in the job announcement.
This posting will close at 12:00 am on the date listed above. The posting will no longer be available to apply to after 11:59 pm the day prior.
All documents, including unofficial transcripts for academic positions, must be received prior to the closing date listed on the job announcement.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check upon hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TMCC-External/job/TMCC---Truckee-Meadows-Community-College---Dandini-Campus/Director-of-Learning-Commons_R0133227-1
Truckee Meadows Community College is a comprehensive educational institution located in Reno, Nevada and is part of the Nevada System of Higher Education. TMCCs five instructional sites and numerous community locations serves an increasingly diverse population of more than 11,000 students each semester. TMCC, an HSI (Hispanic Serving Institution), is a progressive institution that celebrates inclusion and diversity while supporting core themes of academic excellence, student success, and access to lifelong learning.
A vital leader in the New Nevadas growing economy, TMCC is located near the beautiful Sierra Nevada Mountains in an environment rich with a thriving arts, culture, food scene, abundant outdoor activities, and a family-friendly local community. It is only a 3.5 hour drive to San Francisco, CA, a 40-minute drive to Lake Tahoe, and within easy driving distance of four national parks (Great Basin, Yosemite, Lassen, and Death Valley). For more information, please go to www.tmcc.edu or view our virtual tour at tour.tmcc.edu.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a persons age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-5ea149811f157945b1c2599bf65deb33