Data Assistant, Springfield Adult Learning Center (SALC)
Locations: Springfield, MA
Posted: Nov 15, 2021
Closes: Open Until Filled
Type: PT No Benefits
Position ID:: 139443
About Springfield Technical Community College :
Located on 35 acres of the Springfield Armory National Historic Site and founded in 1967, Springfield Technical Community College is a major resource for the economic vitality of Western Massachusetts. As the only technical community college in Massachusetts, STCC offers a variety of career programs unequalled in the state. Digital Multimedia, IT Security, Nursing, Robotics, Sonography, Mechanical Engineering Technology (Advance Manufacturing) and dozens of other career programs produce potential employees each year. STCC's highly-regarded transfer programs in Business, Engineering, Liberal Arts, Science and Technology continue to provide the most economical option for students pursuing a four-year degree. With an annual enrollment of over 6,500, evening, weekend and online students, STCC is a vibrant campus rich in diversity and justifiably proud of our designation as a Hispanic Serving Institution. Respect, is one of the Core Values of the College and we strive to nurture mutual respect among faculty, staff and students. With respect, we embrace differences to create an inclusive environment for all. Together, we support students as they transform their lives through intellectual, cultural, and economic engagement while becoming thoughtful, committed and socially responsible graduates.
The Data Assistant provides programmatic support to adult basic education students with a college and career readiness focus. The Data Assistant provides data management, collection, reports, follow up calls, exit interviews, communication and other data-based tasks as needed. Enters accurate and timely student data in different databases. The data assistant will work with staff, advisors and instructors to provide timely data reports, updated master and attendance data forms and other tools as needed. The Data Assistant will provide front desk support with phone coverage, reception area coverage and student inquiry support as needed.
- Provides office support, reception services and business office support for the Springfield Adult Learning Center (answers phone inquiries, provides routine information about program services, covers front desk and reception areas).
- Helps to ensure a welcoming, positive environment for diverse students, staff, and community members through reception and office management for a busy adult education program.
- Provides data management, enters student enrollment, attendance, assessment scores, outcomes, etc. into the Department of Elementary & Secondary Education (DESE) LACES database. Collaborates with teachers and advisors to ensure accurate data collection.
- Develops mechanisms for regular communication of student progress: attendance letters, assessment reports, drop letters, class schedules, credential information, etc. Generates reports on attendance, assessments and other outcomes for review by administrative and professional staff.
- Runs reports in LACES database and stays current on policy changes related to data entry, intake, waitlist, class enrollment, attendance, and assessments.
- Assists in management of STCC Springfield Adult Learning Center outcome data: creates and maintains spreadsheets that track progress towards program targets (enrollment, measurable skills gain, employment, high school equivalency, etc.). Revises and improves systems in response to database and policy changes.
- Maintains confidential data and files (paper and electronic) related to attendance, enrollment, and assessment scores, goals, certificates, outcomes, etc.
- Conducts and records Follow Up calls, exit interviews, MAPT assessments, Intake assessments, requests for enrollment from returning students, etc.
- Skillfully uses Microsoft Office and/or Google suite, including Excel/Sheets and Mail Merge, to build a variety of tracking and reporting systems. Improves systems and workflow.
- Creates data reports for varies needs.
- Refers to area programs for services not provided.
- Open the site in the mornings as needed.
- Prepares general office correspondence.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree in fields related to data entry, data collecting, data reports with two years' experience in an office setting, customer service, data collection and entry to a diverse population.
- Proficient with data entry, Word, Excel, Google Docs.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication; excellent organizational skills; strong leadership skills.
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, work in a fast paced environment, demonstrate initiative and the ability to support staff and students where they are.
- Commitment to professional and program development.
- Commitment to developing a positive, collaborative environment.
- Commitment to learner-centered, life-long learning.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and experience (Minimum Associate's Degree required).
- Proficiency in English and Spanish preferred.
- Prior experience with the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education in Massachusetts Adult Community and Learning System and the LiteracyPro LACES database preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Working environment inside classroom/office space. Normally seated, standing or walking at will. Light Physical exertion.
SALARY: $21.00/ hour
WORK SCHEDULE: 18.75 hours/week, 52 weeks per year, Monday through Friday, day shift, hours can vary.
GRANT FUNDED: Yes
TRAVEL: Position based on STCC Campus although some travel to and from Professional Development opportunities may be available.
CLOSES: November 29, 2021 or open until filled
STCC conducts a pre-employment screening on specified positions, which may include, but is not limited to, a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) and/or Sex Offender Registry Information (SORI) check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history. Finalist(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment screening as a condition of employment.
APPLY TO: All applicants must apply online at www.stcc.edu and applicants must provide both an updated resume and cover letter.
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Springfield Technical Community College is not sponsoring H1B Visa.
COVID VACCINATION REQUIREMENT:
Candidates for employment should be aware that all STCC students, faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated by January, 2022. Accordingly, initial employment is dependent upon receipt and verification of full vaccination status and details regarding how to fulfill vaccine documentation requirements will be shared during the hire and onboarding process.
INFORMATION AWARENESS SECURITY TRAINING:
Candidates for employment should be aware that all STCC employees are required to complete Information Awareness Security Training within thirty days of their orientation date and annually thereafter.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: All applicants must apply online by submitting a cover letter**, resume and three (3) professional **Cover letter must demonstrate how your education and experience qualifies you for this position.
STCC conducts a pre-employment screening. Initial and continued employment is dependent upon meeting National Background Check, Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) and/or Sex Offender Registry Information (SORI) check and if applicable, Physical and Alcohol/Drug Testing requirements. Screening also includes verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history. Finalist(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment screening as a condition of employment.
POLICY STATEMENT ON AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY & DIVERSITY
The Board of Higher Education and the Boards of Trustees of the Community Colleges maintain and promote a policy of non-discrimination on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information maternity leave, military service and national origin ("protected class(s)/classification(s)." Further, this policy prohibits retaliation and incorporates by reference, and where applicable, the requirements of Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1968; Titles I and II of the Civil Rights Act of 1991; Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and its regulations found at 34 C.F.R. part 106; Equal Pay Act of 1963; Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1988; Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990; Section 402 of the Vietnam-era Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA); Age Discrimination Act of 1975; Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, as amended; Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993; Federal Executive Order 11246 of 1965, as amended by Executive Order 11375 of 1967; Federal Executive Order 12900 of 1994; Federal Executive Order 13145 of 2000; Federal Executive Order 13160 of 2000; Federal Executive Order 13166 of 2000; Massachusetts Civil Rights Act; Massachusetts General Laws Chapters 151B, 151C, and Chapter 149; directives of the BHE, the Boards of Trustees of the Community Colleges and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts; and other applicable local, state and federal constitutions, statutes, regulations and executive orders.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
STCC's personnel and academic decisions, programs and policies are formulated and conducted in a manner, which will ensure equal access for all people and prevent discrimination. As part of this effort, a College will ensure that employment and academic decisions, programs and policies will be based solely on the individual eligibility, merit or fitness of applicants, employees and students without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, marital status, military service, gender identity, genetic information, sexual orientation or political or union affiliation.
To apply, visit https://stcc.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=139443&CNTRNO=1&TSTMP=0
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
$GUIDPT No Benefits