This ad is expired.
Rancho Santiago Community College District
Salary Range: Lecture Rate: $72.63 - $84.07, depending upon education.
Job Type: Part Time
Job Number: CL23-00654
Location: Santa Ana, CA
Division: SCC Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
Teach all assigned classes, which may include evening or off-campus assignments unless excused according to Board Policy provisions. Maintain accurate records of student enrollment, attendance, and academic progress. Assist in maintaining course outline for each assigned course. Be familiar with and observe the administrative regulations as they appear in the Faculty Handbook (flex calendar obligations, course overviews, etc). Participate in department committees and activities. Will teach a variety of courses/levels within the discipline/area of study.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSRequirementsMinimum Qualifications (Applicants must meet one of the following):
- Possess from an accredited institution: Master's in dance, physical education with a dance emphasis, or theater with dance emphasis, OR Bachelor's in any of the above AND Master's in physical education, any life science, physiology, theater arts, kinesiology, humanities, performing arts or music OR the equivalent
- Possess a valid California Community College credential, OR
- The equivalent (applicants who do not meet the above minimum qualifications must complete the Equivalencies Section in the application form.)
- Experience in teaching students from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds and widely varying levels of proficiency preferred.
- A working knowledge of and experience with student learning outcomes and assessment.
ABOUT RANCHO SANTIAGO COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
Rancho Santiago Community College District (RSCCD) is one of the most established districts in the state and has been in operation for nearly 50 years. Located in the heart of Orange County, it is one of the largest of California's 72 community college districts, based on the number of credit and non-credit students. RSCCD encompasses 25 percent of Orange County's total area and serves a population of more than 700,000 residents in the communities of Anaheim Hills, Orange, Santa Ana, Villa Park, and portions of Anaheim, Costa Mesa, Irvine, Fountain Valley, Garden Grove, Tustin, and Yorba Linda. The District includes Santiago Canyon College and Santa Ana College, as well as the Centennial and Orange Continuing Education Centers, the Digital Media Center, Joint Powers Fire Training Center, the Orange County Sheriff's Regional Training Academy, the College and Workforce Preparation Center, and the District Operations Center. RSCCD's three (3) auxiliary Foundations are actively involved in supporting both community and campus programs.
The Rancho Santiago Community College District (RSCCD) is committed to the concept and principles of staff diversity and equal employment opportunity by prohibiting discrimination based on ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, sex, race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, gender identity, medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics), marital status, citizenship, or service in the uniformed services, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics. Applications from all persons interested in the position are encouraged.
SELECTION CRITERIAApplication ScreeningIn addition to the requirements and responsibilities listed, the following criteria will be considered in selecting candidates for interviews:
- Educational experience - breadth and depth
- Work experience - breadth and depth
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Curriculum development
- Program development
- Community involvement
- Demonstrated experience in working with a diverse socioeconomic community
- Credentials or minimum qualifications authorizing service in other areas of need
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with others
- Oral communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Successful teaching, problem-solving, or performance demonstration
- Writing skills/demonstration
A Complete Application Packet Must Include the Following:
- RSCCD Online Application
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume - details all relevant education, training, and teaching experience (including courses taught), and other work experience
- Academic Transcripts (unofficial copies are accepted)
- Present original documents for proof of eligibility to work in the United States (by in-person appointment in People & Culture)
- Provide a certificate of Tuberculosis Exam
- Fingerprints (by a Live Scan Agency at the candidate's expense, and clearance must be received before the first day of employment)
- Submit official transcripts - Based on Minimum Qualifications
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/rsccd/jobs/4083113/dance-instructor
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency