This ad is expired.
Clinical Lab Instructor, Nursing Program - Part Time
Locations: Springfield, MA
Posted: Jul 26, 2021
Closes: Aug 9, 2021 - 11:59 PM EDT
Position ID:: 134229
About Springfield Technical Community College :
Located on 35 acres of the Springfield Armory National Historic Site and founded in 1967, Springfield Technical Community College is a major resource for the economic vitality of Western Massachusetts. As the only technical community college in Massachusetts, STCC offers a variety of career programs unequalled in the state. Digital Multimedia, IT Security, Nursing, Robotics, Sonography, Mechanical Engineering Technology (Advance Manufacturing) and dozens of other career programs produce potential employees each year. STCC's highly-regarded transfer programs in Business, Engineering, Liberal Arts, Science and Technology continue to provide the most economical option for students pursuing a four-year degree. With an annual enrollment of over 6,500, evening, weekend and online students, STCC is a vibrant campus rich in diversity and justifiably proud of our designation as a Hispanic Serving Institution. Respect, is one of the Core Values of the College and we strive to nurture mutual respect among faculty, staff and students. With respect, we embrace differences to create an inclusive environment for all. Together, we support students as they transform their lives through intellectual, cultural, and economic engagement while becoming thoughtful, committed and socially responsible graduates.
- Monitor nursing students in clinical lab area (Learning Resource Center)
- Facilitate and demonstrate skills, advise on technique and participation during practice sessions.
- Facilitate active learning and clinical reasoning.
- Collaborates with lab coordinator regarding students' needs and remediation.
The duties of the Lab Instructor shall include but are not limited to:
- Promote at all times the philosophy and objectives of the School of Health & Patient Simulation and the College.
- Assure that the STCC Nursing philosophy and competencies are incorporated in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Uphold the rules and regulations of the School of Health & Patient Simulation and the College.
- Follow all policies and procedures of the Department of Nursing as well as lab protocols.
- Collaboratively work with members of the inter-professional team as well as other college staff/faculty.
- Attend meetings as scheduled/requested.
- Attend Department of Nursing orientation/College orientation and ongoing lab education
- Maintain competency in assigned area.
- Prepares for weekly lab by: Reviewing weekly content outlines, readings, skills checklists, and Simulation Assessment videos for student assignments.
- Supervision and advisement of students on lab related skills
- Assist with and offer help with assigned skills /assignments.
- Conduct open skills lab as needed
- Assist with pre- and post-discussions/demonstrations/evaluations as related to lab skills.
- Act as a professional nursing role model to students
- Interact personally and professionally with all.
- Orient students to the skills lab unit as requested
- Supervise students and facilitates active learning and clinical reasoning of students in the lab area.
- Maintain confidentiality in all school and student matters
- Maintain inventory of equipment/organize supplies/collaborate with coordinator on needed purchases to maintain adequate teaching supplies .
- Evaluation of students will occur only with instructors with their Masters degree in nursing.
- Assume other related duties as assigned by the Director of Nursing
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing with preferred matriculation in a Master's Degree in Nursing program with an educational plan in place.
- Medical-Surgical/Acute Care required; Subacute/long term adult/geriatrics considered
- Minimum of five years in direct patient care nursing practice; current unencumbered Massachusetts R.N. Licensure; clearance by the CORI/SORI Board.
- Consideration given to a B.S.N who meets the waiver requirements as set by the Board of Registration in Nursing in Massachusetts: Verification of Faculty Qualifications in Compliance with Education Policy 02-20
- Proven competency in area of supervision.
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: MCCC
GRAND FUNDED: NO
WORK SCHEDULE: PART TIME
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: All applicants must apply online by submitting a cover letter**, resume and three (3) professional **Cover letter must demonstrate how your education and experience qualifies you for this position.
STCC conducts a pre-employment screening. Initial and continued employment is dependent upon meeting National Background Check, Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) and/or Sex Offender Registry Information (SORI) check and if applicable, Physical and Alcohol/Drug Testing requirements. Screening also includes verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history. Finalist(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment screening as a condition of employment.
POLICY STATEMENT ON AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY & DIVERSITY
The Board of Higher Education and the Boards of Trustees of the Community Colleges maintain and promote a policy of non-discrimination on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information maternity leave, military service and national origin ("protected class(s)/classification(s)." Further, this policy prohibits retaliation and incorporates by reference, and where applicable, the requirements of Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1968; Titles I and II of the Civil Rights Act of 1991; Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and its regulations found at 34 C.F.R. part 106; Equal Pay Act of 1963; Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1988; Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990; Section 402 of the Vietnam-era Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA); Age Discrimination Act of 1975; Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, as amended; Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993; Federal Executive Order 11246 of 1965, as amended by Executive Order 11375 of 1967; Federal Executive Order 12900 of 1994; Federal Executive Order 13145 of 2000; Federal Executive Order 13160 of 2000; Federal Executive Order 13166 of 2000; Massachusetts Civil Rights Act; Massachusetts General Laws Chapters 151B, 151C, and Chapter 149; directives of the BHE, the Boards of Trustees of the Community Colleges and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts; and other applicable local, state and federal constitutions, statutes, regulations and executive orders.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
STCC's personnel and academic decisions, programs and policies are formulated and conducted in a manner, which will ensure equal access for all people and prevent discrimination. As part of this effort, a College will ensure that employment and academic decisions, programs and policies will be based solely on the individual eligibility, merit or fitness of applicants, employees and students without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, marital status, military service, gender identity, genetic information, sexual orientation or political or union affiliation.
To apply, visit https://stcc.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=134229&CNTRNO=3&TSTMP=0
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency