This ad is expired.
Clinical Instructor Nursing, Part-Time
Locations: Springfield, MA
Posted: Jul 26, 2021
Closes: Aug 9, 2021 - 11:59 PM EDT
Type: PT No Benefits
Position ID:: 134230
About Springfield Technical Community College :
Located on 35 acres of the Springfield Armory National Historic Site and founded in 1967, Springfield Technical Community College is a major resource for the economic vitality of Western Massachusetts. As the only technical community college in Massachusetts, STCC offers a variety of career programs unequalled in the state. Digital Multimedia, IT Security, Nursing, Robotics, Sonography, Mechanical Engineering Technology (Advance Manufacturing) and dozens of other career programs produce potential employees each year. STCC's highly-regarded transfer programs in Business, Engineering, Liberal Arts, Science and Technology continue to provide the most economical option for students pursuing a four-year degree. With an annual enrollment of over 6,500, evening, weekend and online students, STCC is a vibrant campus rich in diversity and justifiably proud of our designation as a Hispanic Serving Institution. Respect, is one of the Core Values of the College and we strive to nurture mutual respect among faculty, staff and students. With respect, we embrace differences to create an inclusive environment for all. Together, we support students as they transform their lives through intellectual, cultural, and economic engagement while becoming thoughtful, committed and socially responsible graduates.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Clinical Instructor for the nursing program must meet the contractual job description as found in the MCCC Contract. Promote the philosophy and objectives of the School of Health & Patient Simulation (SHPS) and the College. Maintain the rules and regulations of the SHPS and the College. Foster and maintain College relationships within the cooperating agencies and the community. Maintain relationships and open lines of communication within the college. Maintain open communication channels with the Clinical Coordinator, Level Coordinator and assigned mentor concerning clinical needs. Evaluate and record student progress. Maintain records, as required by the School and/or College. Maintain and update professional and clinical competencies. Assume other related duties as assigned by the Director of Nursing, or the Dean of the SHPS.
REPORTS TO: Nursing Course Team Coordinator, Clinical Coordinator, and the Director of Nursing.
Specific job responsibilities include but not necessarily limited to the following:
- Instruct up to nine (9) nursing students in the assigned clinical area.
- Instruct in various clinical areas such as on campus, at clinical sites, simulation, and virtual simulation.
- Select and assign patients for students as appropriate.
- Follow all policies and procedures of the Nursing Program and assigned agency(s).
- Supervise, advise, and evaluate students' clinical practice.
- Facilitate students' development of active learning and clinical reasoning.
- Correct written assignments, as per curriculum.
- Utilize technology as appropriate within the program
- Evaluate and record student progress.
- Conducting pre- and post-conferences with students.
- Maintain confidentiality in all school and student matters.
- Complete a collaborative review with the Clinical Manager.
- Communicating with the level coordinator/assigned mentor as needed
- Maintain and update professional and clinical competencies.
- Attend Nursing program orientation and ongoing education for clinical instructors.
- Maintain competence in current computer technology
- Meet all required school and clinical contractual health requirements.
- Orient to the assigned clinical facility/unit as requested.
- Collaboratively work with members of the inter-professional team.
- Attend monthly level meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Act as a professional nursing role model to students.
- Foster and maintain rapport with hospital/agency staff.
- Inform the Clinical Coordinator and/or Director of Nursing clinical needs.
- Complete a collaborative review with the Clinical Manager.
- Other duties as assigned and needed for program and student learning.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing with preferred matriculation in a Master's Degree in Nursing program with an educational plan in place:
- Medical-Surgical/Acute Care required; Subacute/long term adult/geriatrics considered
- Minimum of five years in direct patient care nursing practice; current unencumbered Massachusetts R.N. Licensure; clearance by the CORI/SORI Board.
- Consideration given to a B.S.N who meets the waiver requirements as set by the Board of Registration in Nursing in Massachusetts: Verification of Faculty Qualifications in Compliance with Education Policy 02-20. Note: MA BORN anticipated to soon be eliminating waivers.
- Proven competency in area of supervision.
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: MCCC
GRAND FUNDED: NO
WORK SCHEDULE: PART TIME
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: All applicants must apply online by submitting a cover letter**, resume and three (3) professional **Cover letter must demonstrate how your education and experience qualifies you for this position.
STCC conducts a pre-employment screening. Initial and continued employment is dependent upon meeting National Background Check, Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) and/or Sex Offender Registry Information (SORI) check and if applicable, Physical and Alcohol/Drug Testing requirements. Screening also includes verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history. Finalist(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment screening as a condition of employment.
POLICY STATEMENT ON AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY & DIVERSITY
The Board of Higher Education and the Boards of Trustees of the Community Colleges maintain and promote a policy of non-discrimination on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information maternity leave, military service and national origin ("protected class(s)/classification(s)." Further, this policy prohibits retaliation and incorporates by reference, and where applicable, the requirements of Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1968; Titles I and II of the Civil Rights Act of 1991; Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and its regulations found at 34 C.F.R. part 106; Equal Pay Act of 1963; Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1988; Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990; Section 402 of the Vietnam-era Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA); Age Discrimination Act of 1975; Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, as amended; Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993; Federal Executive Order 11246 of 1965, as amended by Executive Order 11375 of 1967; Federal Executive Order 12900 of 1994; Federal Executive Order 13145 of 2000; Federal Executive Order 13160 of 2000; Federal Executive Order 13166 of 2000; Massachusetts Civil Rights Act; Massachusetts General Laws Chapters 151B, 151C, and Chapter 149; directives of the BHE, the Boards of Trustees of the Community Colleges and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts; and other applicable local, state and federal constitutions, statutes, regulations and executive orders.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
STCC's personnel and academic decisions, programs and policies are formulated and conducted in a manner, which will ensure equal access for all people and prevent discrimination. As part of this effort, a College will ensure that employment and academic decisions, programs and policies will be based solely on the individual eligibility, merit or fitness of applicants, employees and students without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, marital status, military service, gender identity, genetic information, sexual orientation or political or union affiliation.
To apply, visit https://stcc.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=134230&CNTRNO=2&TSTMP=0
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency