Clinical Instructor-Dental Hygiene Part-time
Department: School of Health and Patient Simulation
Locations: Springfield, MA
Posted: Nov 22, 2022
Closes: Dec 6, 2022 - 11:59 PM EST
Position ID:: 156151
About Springfield Technical Community College :
Located on 35 acres of the Springfield Armory National Historic Site and founded in 1967, Springfield Technical Community College is a major resource for the economic vitality of Western Massachusetts. As the only technical community college in Massachusetts, STCC offers a variety of career programs unequalled in the state. Digital Multimedia, IT Security, Nursing, Robotics, Sonography, Mechanical Engineering Technology (Advance Manufacturing) and dozens of other career programs produce potential employees each year. STCC's highly-regarded transfer programs in Business, Engineering, Liberal Arts, Science and Technology continue to provide the most economical option for students pursuing a four-year degree. With an annual enrollment of over 6,500, evening, weekend and online students, STCC is a vibrant campus rich in diversity and justifiably proud of our designation as a Hispanic Serving Institution. Respect, is one of the Core Values of the College and we strive to nurture mutual respect among faculty, staff and students. With respect, we embrace differences to create an inclusive environment for all. Together, we support students as they transform their lives through intellectual, cultural, and economic engagement while becoming thoughtful, committed and socially responsible graduates.
The Clinical Instructor for the Dental Hygiene program must meet the contractual job description as found in the MCCC Contract. Promote the philosophy and objectives of the School of Health & Patient Simulation (SHPS) and the College. Maintain the rules and regulations of the SHPS and the College. Foster and maintain College relationships within the cooperating agencies and the community. Maintain relationships and open lines of communication within the college. Maintain open communication channels with the Clinical Coordinator, and department chair when necessary concerning clinical needs. Evaluate and record student progress. Maintain records, as required by the School and/or College. Maintain and update professional and clinical competencies. Assume other related duties as assigned by the Department Chair, or the Dean of the SHPS.
REPORTS TO: Department Chair, Dental Hygiene Program and the Dean for the School of Health & Patient Simulation.
Specific job responsibilities include but not necessarily limited to the following:
- Instruct Dental Hygiene students in the assigned clinical area.
- Select and assign patients for students as appropriate.
- Supervising student experiences in clinical and laboratory sessions
- Teaching basic dental hygiene skills to first year students
- Overseeing and evaluating patient treatment to students in the clinical setting
- Overseeing students exposing radiographs on patients
- Assuring that patients are receiving the highest standard of care
- Assuring that students are adhering to evidence based practices and ethical principles
- Participating in faculty calibration meetings
- Follow all policies and procedures of the Dental Hygiene Program and assigned agency(s).
- Supervise, advise, and evaluate students' clinical practice.
- Facilitate students' development of active learning and clinical reasoning.
- Evaluate and record student progress.
- Maintain confidentiality in all school and student matters.
- Maintain and update professional and clinical competencies.
- Maintain competence in current computer technology
- Meet all required school and clinical contractual health requirements.
- Collaboratively work with members of the inter-professional team.
- Inform the Clinical Coordinator and/or Department Chair of clinical needs.
- Work collaboratively with clinic manager and front office manager for proficient and safe patient flow.
- Communicate equipment needs to the clinic manager and department chair.
- Communicate effectively with all faculty, instructors, staff and clinic dentists for student success.
- Current Massachusetts Dental Hygiene license.
- Graduate of a CODA accredited program.
- Associates Degree required; Baccalaureate Degree preferred.
- "L" permit required.
- Minimum of 2 years clinical private practice experience.
- Knowledge of Eaglesoft dental software preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Experience in working with and assisting a diverse student population.
- Current American Heart Association BLS CPR certification.
Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as stated above are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them with the equivalent combination of education, training and experience required for the responsibilities of this position
Duties normally performed in a classroom/lab environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Must have the ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Must have the ability to bend, stoop, sit, climb, walk and reach overhead as needed.
WORK SCHEDULE: Up to 18.5 hours/week
GRANT FUNDED: No
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Springfield Technical Community College is not sponsoring H1B Visa.
COVID VACCINATION REQUIREMENT:
Candidates for employment should be aware that Springfield Technical Community College faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Accordingly, initial employment is dependent upon receipt and verification of full vaccination status records; details of how to fulfill vaccine record verification requirements will be provided during the hire and onboarding process.
INFORMATION AWARENESS SECURITY TRAINING:
Candidates for employment should be aware that all STCC employees are required to complete Information Awareness Security Training within thirty days of their orientation date and annually thereafter.
All applicants must apply online at www.stcc.edu/about-stcc/employment by submitting a cover letter**, resume and three (3) professional references.
**Cover letter must demonstrate how your education and experience qualifies you for this position.
STCC conducts a pre-employment screening. Initial and continued employment is dependent upon meeting National Background Check, Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) and/or Sex Offender Registry Information (SORI) check and if applicable, Physical and Alcohol/Drug Testing requirements. Screening also includes verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history. Finalist(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment screening as a condition of employment.
POLICY STATEMENT ON AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY & DIVERSITY
Springfield Technical Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's for Affirmative Action and/or Title IX Coordinator, Kathryn C. Senie, Ed.D, J.D. at 413.755.5642 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights. Springfield Technical Community College will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
STCC's personnel and academic decisions, programs and policies are formulated and conducted in a manner, which will ensure equal access for all people and prevent discrimination. As part of this effort, a College will ensure that employment and academic decisions, programs and policies will be based solely on the individual eligibility, merit or fitness of applicants, employees and students without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, marital status, military service, gender identity, genetic information, sexual orientation or political or union affiliation.
To apply, visit https://stcc.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=156151&CNTRNO=3&TSTMP=0
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency