This ad is expired.
Business Systems Analyst - Confidential- EXTENDED
Salary: $74,854.00 - $92,060.00 Annually
Location: SCCCD District Office - Fresno, CA
Job Type: $ATS$JobTypeJobType
Division: DO Human Resources
Job Number: 2022050
Closing: 8/24/2022 11:59 PM Pacific
Under general supervision, analyzes enterprise and/or departmental business processes to identify and participate in developing and implementing technology solutions to meet business and operational requirements; performs applications quality assurance and user acceptance testing and problem resolution; develops detailed systems documentation; provides a variety of user training and support; collaborates with administrators and Information Technology staff to ensure the development of systems capabilities achieves operational and service strategies; and performs related duties as assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
- Works closely with users to define and analyze business and operational problems; performs a variety of advanced analytical, internal consulting and project leadership/oversight duties to enable multiple District stakeholders to achieve business, administrative and academic objectives efficiently and effectively.
- With Information Technology staff and user stakeholders, develops and implements sound technology solutions to meet detailed business, operational and reporting requirements; utilizes subject- matter experts to document business processes and formulate solutions; works extensively with Information Technology development teams to develop, test and install agreed-upon solutions.
- Evaluates potential software solutions, including off-the-shelf and open source components and system architecture to ensure District business requirements are met; interacts with vendors and attend vendor training as needed.
- Evaluates requests for application enhancements; provides guidance to end users on application use and operating parameters; translates user expectations into technical specifications for enhancement and customization projects; consults with other District and Information Technology staff on business process changes; researches these changes for potential problems, including impact on other areas.
- Identifies, troubleshoots and rectifies assigned applications problems and works with Information Technology and department staff to solve procedural, operational and technical problems; may work with outside consultants to solve complex problems.
- Provides functional expertise and serves as primary resource to users seeking to obtain complex information, records and reports from assigned systems; designs and generates custom reports, charts and other reporting tools to meet user needs; prepares monthly, quarterly and annual reports for management as required.
- Writes complex queries to assist users with data needs and reporting requirements; maintains code tables, checks for invalid codes and corrects errors; develops test data and program tests.
- In coordination with management, conducts ongoing training in both systems and operational business procedures related to assigned area; ensures training materials are maintained and updated as necessary.
- Defines and maintains security profiles for assigned systems and helps coordinate the administration of security and system access of end users with Information Technology staff.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to and understanding of historically minoritized groups and participates in professional development activities to increase cultural competency to enhance equity-minded practices within the District.
- Performs special analyses and projects as assigned; writes technical and nontechnical reports and correspondence.
- May serve as content administrator for assigned systems.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Employment Standards / Minimum Qualifications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Principles, concepts and practices of business process and systems analysis including business process mapping and data modeling
- District and/or departmental business processes commonly supported by applications.
- Methods, practices and terminology used in statistical technical work
- Business-based technology solutions to operational and service delivery problems and issues.
- Customer service principles and practices.
- Programming theory and applicable programming/scripting and languages.
- Project management methods and techniques.
- Current industry standards related to areas of responsibility.
- District organization, operations, policies and objectives as they impact assigned duties.
Skills and Abilities to:
- Learn and apply state and federal mandatory regulations and reporting requirements related to assigned systems.
- Apply sound technology, business management and process improvement techniques. Prepare clear, concise and accurate systems documentation.
- Facilitate user and cross-functional team meetings. Utilize query tools to extract data from databases for interpreting data and user reporting needs.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders and Information Technology team members to ensure project accountability and success.
- Set priorities and balance responsibilities for multiple projects and initiatives.
- Read, understand, interpret, explain and apply complex business and technical information.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and records.
- Effectively engage and support historically minoritized groups by addressing issues of equity and improving culturally responsive service-oriented practices.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Operate a computer and use standard business software.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all those encountered in the course of work.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in business or public administration, management information systems or a closely related field; and three years of increasingly responsible technical and analytical professional experience involving business systems analysis and applications development; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Experience in a college setting or in a public agency is preferred.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
A valid California driver's license and the ability to maintain insurability under the District's vehicle insurance program.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to sit; talk or hear, in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; and reach with hands and arms.?Employees are frequently required to walk and stand; and lift up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve problems; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or skills; perform highly detailed work; work on multiple, concurrent tasks; work with frequent interruptions; work under intensive deadlines; and interact with District managers, staff, the public and others encountered in the course of work.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employees work under typical office conditions, and the noise level is usually quiet.
The employee may be required to travel to locations other than assigned work site and to adjust to work schedule changes and requirements to work overtime.
All SCCCD employees will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment. To learn more about this requirement, visit the Vaccine Mandate information page or go to scccd.edu.
To move forward in the selection process, you must complete an online application through our web site at http://www.schooljobs.com/careers/scccd. Please attach to your application a copy of your degree or unofficial transcripts (including when degree was awarded) or your application may be considered incomplete. Resumes may also be uploaded but cannot be used in lieu of a completed application.
ONCE YOU HAVE SUBMITTED YOUR APPLICATION YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE REVISIONS TO YOUR APPLICATION MATERIALS.
When completing the application, please make sure you include ALL current and previous employment in the Work Experience section of the application and complete ALL fields, including the name and contact information for your supervisors. Experience that is included in the resume but not in the Work Experience section of the application may not be considered for the purpose of determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
All required documents must be submitted by the applicant. Personnel Commission staff will not upload your documents for you. The State Center Community College District does not accept letters of recommendation for classified positions. Please do not attempt to attach letters of recommendation to your application.
APPLICATION REVIEW AND ASSESSMENTS
The application review process includes an evaluation of training and experience based on given application information and answers to supplemental questionnaire. Only the most qualified applicants, who pass the minimum qualifications review, will be invited to the assessment process.
The assessment process will include an online competency assessment (50% weight) and a oral interview/written prompt assessment (50% weight). Of those achieving a passing score on the competency assessment, only the most qualified candidates will be invited to the oral interview assessment. Passing score is 75% out of 100% on each assessment section.
INITIAL ASSESSMENT TENTATIVELY SCHEDULED FOR SEPTEMBER 2, 2022 The assessment process / assessment date is subject to change as needs dictate. All communication regarding this process will be delivered via email to the address listed on your application.
Candidates who attain a passing score on the assessment will be placed in rank order on a district wide Open-Competitive List. Using the same process, a separate Promotional List will be established and both Lists will be used concurrently. Unless otherwise indicated, the eligibility list will be used to fill current vacancies in this classification for at least six months. The current vacancy is at the District Office.
PASSING THE ASSESSMENTS AND BEING PLACED ON THE ELIGIBILITY LIST DO NOT GUARANTEE AN OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT.
Individuals with disabilities requiring reasonable accommodation in the selection process must inform the State Center Community College District Personnel Commission Department in writing no later than the filing date stated on the announcement. Those applicants needing such accommodations should document this request including an explanation as to the type and extent of accommodation needed to participate in the selection process.
State Center Community College District is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of State Center Community College District to provide all persons with equal employment and educational opportunities without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, disability, medical condition, marital status, religion or similar factors as defined by law. We are a Title V employer.
To apply, visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/scccd/jobs/3584506/business-systems-analyst-confidential-extended jeid-fe920a1b7abfd140b136a650236803dd