This ad is expired.
Assistant Women's Soccer Coach
Locations: Springfield, MA
Posted: Jul 28, 2021
Closes: Open Until Filled
Type: PT No Benefits
Position ID:: 134375
About Springfield Technical Community College :
Located on 35 acres of the Springfield Armory National Historic Site and founded in 1967, Springfield Technical Community College is a major resource for the economic vitality of Western Massachusetts. As the only technical community college in Massachusetts, STCC offers a variety of career programs unequalled in the state. Digital Multimedia, IT Security, Nursing, Robotics, Sonography, Mechanical Engineering Technology (Advance Manufacturing) and dozens of other career programs produce potential employees each year. STCC's highly-regarded transfer programs in Business, Engineering, Liberal Arts, Science and Technology continue to provide the most economical option for students pursuing a four-year degree. With an annual enrollment of over 6,500, evening, weekend and online students, STCC is a vibrant campus rich in diversity and justifiably proud of our designation as a Hispanic Serving Institution. Respect, is one of the Core Values of the College and we strive to nurture mutual respect among faculty, staff and students. With respect, we embrace differences to create an inclusive environment for all. Together, we support students as they transform their lives through intellectual, cultural, and economic engagement while becoming thoughtful, committed and socially responsible graduates.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Position is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in all aspects of running an NJCAA Intercollegiate Women's Soccer program. .
Reports to: Head Women's Soccer Coach and Director of Athletics & Fitness
RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but are not limited to):
- Have a working knowledge of the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport of soccer. Assist Head Coach with practice planning and determining game strategy.
- Organize and direct individuals or small group in practice activities/exercises as directed by Head Coach. Monitor and assess players' skills during competition and practice. Regularly communicate with Head Coach on the performance of student-athletes.
- Model sports-like behavior and maintain appropriate conduct towards all players, officials, and spectators. Commit to a maximum number of team events (including practices and away travel).
- Understand and follow established procedures governing the eligibility of players (both institutional and NJCAA). Help perform administrative tasks (distribute and maintain eligibility forms, emergency data cards, and other related records).
- Distribute equipment, supplies, and uniforms to students as directed by Head Coach. Maintain order and security of equipment storage.
- Be responsible for statistical collection during games. Assist Head Coach with NJCAA administrative responsibilities (statistical entry, seasonal awards, etc).
- Be active in the recruiting process as directed by Head Coach.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned by the Head Soccer Coach, Athletic Director or appropriate administrator.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- The candidate must possess good communication skills and strong motivational tools
- Must have experience coaching or playing soccer at the High School or College level.
WORKING CONDITIIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Must have the ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; hear and understand speech at normal levels, outdoors and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly; physical agility to lift up to 25 pounds to shoulder height and 50 pounds to waist height; and to bend, to stoop, to sit on the floor, to climb stairs, to walk and to reach overhead. Duties are normally performed in a school environment or outdoors. Duties may be performed on field trips away from college. The noise level can be moderate to loud at times.
SALARY: $1,500 (STIPEND)
WORK SCHEDULE: Part-time. Must be flexible - hours vary
GRANT FUNDED: No
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: All applicants must apply online by submitting a cover letter**, resume and three (3) professional **Cover letter must demonstrate how your education and experience qualifies you for this position.
STCC conducts a pre-employment screening. Initial and continued employment is dependent upon meeting National Background Check, Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) and/or Sex Offender Registry Information (SORI) check and if applicable, Physical and Alcohol/Drug Testing requirements. Screening also includes verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history. Finalist(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment screening as a condition of employment.
POLICY STATEMENT ON AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY & DIVERSITY
The Board of Higher Education and the Boards of Trustees of the Community Colleges maintain and promote a policy of non-discrimination on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information maternity leave, military service and national origin ("protected class(s)/classification(s)." Further, this policy prohibits retaliation and incorporates by reference, and where applicable, the requirements of Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1968; Titles I and II of the Civil Rights Act of 1991; Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and its regulations found at 34 C.F.R. part 106; Equal Pay Act of 1963; Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1988; Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990; Section 402 of the Vietnam-era Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA); Age Discrimination Act of 1975; Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, as amended; Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993; Federal Executive Order 11246 of 1965, as amended by Executive Order 11375 of 1967; Federal Executive Order 12900 of 1994; Federal Executive Order 13145 of 2000; Federal Executive Order 13160 of 2000; Federal Executive Order 13166 of 2000; Massachusetts Civil Rights Act; Massachusetts General Laws Chapters 151B, 151C, and Chapter 149; directives of the BHE, the Boards of Trustees of the Community Colleges and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts; and other applicable local, state and federal constitutions, statutes, regulations and executive orders.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
STCC's personnel and academic decisions, programs and policies are formulated and conducted in a manner, which will ensure equal access for all people and prevent discrimination. As part of this effort, a College will ensure that employment and academic decisions, programs and policies will be based solely on the individual eligibility, merit or fitness of applicants, employees and students without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, marital status, military service, gender identity, genetic information, sexual orientation or political or union affiliation.
To apply, visit https://stcc.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=134375&CNTRNO=0&TSTMP=0
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency