Assistant, Executive (Chancellor's Office)
Austin Community College
Job Posting Closing Times: Job postings are removed from advertising at 12:00 A.M. on the closing date e.g., at midnight on the day before the closing date.
If you are a current Austin Community College employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a multicultural population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college, as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college's mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for populations including; first generation college students, low-income students, and students from underserved communities.
- Focused on student academic achievement and postgraduate outcomes
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
Job Posting Title:
Assistant, Executive (Chancellor's Office)
Job Description Summary:
To provide high-level comprehensive support to the Special Assistant to the Chancellor by managing and coordinating a wide variety of tasks and situations in Austin Community College District's Executive Offices. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Works closely with the Special Assistant to the Chancellor.
- Serves as the first point of contact for internal and external visitors and partners on all matters pertaining to the ACC Executive Office Suite. Welcomes and identifies the purpose of visitors before directing them to the appropriate department.
- Responds to student, staff and community concerns and inquiries about issues affecting the college and questions about college events.
- Prioritizes inquiries, expedites processing of documents and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; makes judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements, including those of a highly confidential or critical nature.
- Provides executive level day-to-day administrative support by receiving incoming communication or correspondence on behalf of the Chancellor's Office, reviews contents, determines importance, and summarizes and/or distributes contents to appropriate staff.
- Assists the Special Assistant to the Chancellor with functions and activities of the Chancellor's Office.
- Works with the OCRM and Foundation Teams on communications and utilizes the College/Alumni new database to assist with mass mailings, and communications.
- Performs complex administrative duties such as writing e-mails, drafting memos, preparing communications and visual and graphic presentations; Updates website and may use social media.
- Assists in managing the workspace and Resource area (i.e. keeps a clean and organized office, appropriately handles all paperwork, maintains control over the physical environment, etc.).
- Works as an integral member of the team, willingly providing back-up support for co-workers when appropriate.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- College operations, organization, policies, and procedures.
- Records retention, preservation, and recording.
- Office management processes and procedures.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary.
- Prioritize and determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response, exercising judgement.
- Demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support in the Chancellor's Office.
- Invest in building long-lasting relationships both externally and internally.
- Working knowledge of all college departments, functions and activities in order to respond to internal and external inquiries and request for information and departmental support.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule. Punctuality is a must.
- Ability to act as gatekeeper and escalate relevant information to executives as needed.
- Possessing a customer-oriented and solutions-focused mindset.
- Preparing and processing purchase orders.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills, including the use of tact, diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills, including the use of intense attention to detail and follow-through.
- Reviewing and preparing narrative and statistical reports and records.
- Interpreting and applying rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Analyzing situations accurately and adopting an effective course of action.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials. Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to treat confidential information with appropriate discretion.
- Ability to transition priorities quickly and with ease.
- Ability to work collaboratively and respectfully with multiple constituencies to accomplish objectives.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills required.
- Advanced knowledge and use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software. Google Suite, Microsoft Office.
- Use of social media, work with desktop publishing, and update webpages.
Required Work Experience
- Three years related work experience.
Preferred Work Experience
- Four to six years of experience supporting senior management executives.
- Experience supporting executives in a higher education institution.
- Associate degree.
Four years of related work experience may substitute for this education requirement. Applicants who substitute work experience to meet the education requirement must use additional related work experience to meet the years of "Required Work Experience" for this position. Please note that the college reserves the right to amend these terms of substitution at any time.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Work is performed in a standard office or similar environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 20 pounds.
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date:
February 23, 2024
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC at its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.
To apply, please visit: https://austincc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Highland-Campus/Assistant--Executive--Chancellor-s-Office-_R-5703
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency