- Administrative Assistant - Lead/Student Initiatives
- Go to our website »
Administrative Assistant - Lead/Student Initiatives
Category: Office Support
Department: Lead/Student Initiatives
Locations: Springfield, MA
Posted: Jan 25, 2023
Closes: Open Until Filled
Position ID:: 158261
About Springfield Technical Community College :
Located on 35 acres of the Springfield Armory National Historic Site and founded in 1967, Springfield Technical Community College is a major resource for the economic vitality of Western Massachusetts. As the only technical community college in Massachusetts, STCC offers a variety of career programs unequalled in the state. Digital Multimedia, IT Security, Nursing, Robotics, Sonography, Mechanical Engineering Technology (Advance Manufacturing) and dozens of other career programs produce potential employees each year. STCC's highly-regarded transfer programs in Business, Engineering, Liberal Arts, Science and Technology continue to provide the most economical option for students pursuing a four-year degree. With an annual enrollment of over 6,500, evening, weekend and online students, STCC is a vibrant campus rich in diversity and justifiably proud of our designation as a Hispanic Serving Institution. Respect, is one of the Core Values of the College and we strive to nurture mutual respect among faculty, staff and students. With respect, we embrace differences to create an inclusive environment for all. Together, we support students as they transform their lives through intellectual, cultural, and economic engagement while becoming thoughtful, committed and socially responsible graduates.
STCC is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant for the Lead, leadership, and mentoring program, which seeks to improve access, retention, and completion of underrepresented female-identifying students at STCC. Reporting to the Assistant Dean of Student Initiatives, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support in connection with assigned unit activities.
Responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring office activities to ensure effective operations.
- Confers with Lead, MILE, and Student Affairs staff to obtain, organize, and exchange information to coordinate efforts to promote the Lead program.
- Maintains liaison with various campus departments and local and state constituencies to exchange information, resolve problems, and coordinate activities.
- Performs related duties such as collecting, reviewing, and analyzing data concerning Lead participants and activities to improve work methods, determine progress, revise established procedures, and/or provide information to superiors.
- Respond to inquiries in order to provide information concerning the Lead program.
- Oversee and maintain office communications such as, but not limited to: emails, phones, Google line, Google hangouts, etc. (online chats).
- Compose letters and review documents for completeness, content, and compliance with institutional standards.
- Creates purchase requisitions; processes invoices for payment; updates and maintains budget spreadsheets.
- Prepares reports and makes recommendations concerning procedures, programs, and activities.
- Exercises direct supervision over and provides training and orientation to student employees.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities related to those listed above, which do not alter the basic level of the position.
- Two years of full-time or equivalent part-time experience in office management, office administration, business administration, or business management or:
- I. An Associate's or higher degree with a major in business administration, business management, or public administration may be substituted for the required experience.*
- II. An Associate's or higher degree with a major other than in business administration, business management, or public administration may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience.*
- Strong computer skills are required, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- Ellucian Student Information Systems experience preferred.
- Experience working in community college.
- Bilingual or Bicultural (Spanish and English) preferred but not required.
- Experience working with and supporting a culturally diverse population in a Hispanic-Serving Institution.
Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as stated above are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them with the equivalent combination of education, training and experience required for the responsibilities of this position.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
Works in an office setting. Tasks require the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work. Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time. The individual needs to move about inside the office to access office machinery. Constantly operates a computer and other equipment, i.e., a copier. This person frequently communicates with students, faculty, and staff. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
Salary: $1820.73 Bi-Weekly, Grade 15, Step I
Benefits: Yes, FT Position
Work Schedule: 37.5 hours per week (Monday - Friday). Requires flexibility to work occasional evenings and/or weekends as demand dictates.
Grant funded: No
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Springfield Technical Community College is not sponsoring H1B Visa.
COVID VACCINATION REQUIREMENT:
Candidates for employment should be aware that Springfield Technical Community College faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Accordingly, initial employment is dependent upon receipt and verification of full vaccination status records; details of how to fulfill vaccine record verification requirements will be provided during the hire and onboarding process.
INFORMATION AWARENESS SECURITY TRAINING:
Candidates for employment should be aware that all STCC employees are required to complete Information Awareness Security Training within thirty days of their orientation date and annually thereafter.
All applicants must apply online at www.stcc.edu/about-stcc/employment by submitting a cover letter**, resume and three (3) professional references.
**Cover letter must demonstrate how your education and experience qualifies you for this position.
STCC conducts a pre-employment screening. Initial and continued employment is dependent upon meeting National Background Check, Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) and/or Sex Offender Registry Information (SORI) check and if applicable, Physical and Alcohol/Drug Testing requirements. Screening also includes verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history. Finalist(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment screening as a condition of employment.
POLICY STATEMENT ON AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY & DIVERSITY
Springfield Technical Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's for Affirmative Action and/or Title IX Coordinator, Kathryn C. Senie, Ed.D, J.D. at 413.755.5642 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights. Springfield Technical Community College will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
STCC's personnel and academic decisions, programs and policies are formulated and conducted in a manner, which will ensure equal access for all people and prevent discrimination. As part of this effort, a College will ensure that employment and academic decisions, programs and policies will be based solely on the individual eligibility, merit or fitness of applicants, employees and students without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, marital status, military service, gender identity, genetic information, sexual orientation or political or union affiliation.
To apply, visit https://stcc.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=158261&CNTRNO=9&TSTMP=0
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency