Activity Director, HSI STEM Grant Project
Category: Administrative and Professional
Department: School of STEM
Locations: Springfield, MA
Posted: Jul 21, 2021
Closes: Open Until Filled
Position ID:: 133939
About Springfield Technical Community College :
Located on 35 acres of the Springfield Armory National Historic Site and founded in 1967, Springfield Technical Community College is a major resource for the economic vitality of Western Massachusetts. As the only technical community college in Massachusetts, STCC offers a variety of career programs unequalled in the state. Digital Multimedia, IT Security, Nursing, Robotics, Sonography, Mechanical Engineering Technology (Advance Manufacturing) and dozens of other career programs produce potential employees each year. STCC's highly-regarded transfer programs in Business, Engineering, Liberal Arts, Science and Technology continue to provide the most economical option for students pursuing a four-year degree. With an annual enrollment of over 6,500, evening, weekend and online students, STCC is a vibrant campus rich in diversity and justifiably proud of our designation as a Hispanic Serving Institution. Respect, is one of the Core Values of the College and we strive to nurture mutual respect among faculty, staff and students. With respect, we embrace differences to create an inclusive environment for all. Together, we support students as they transform their lives through intellectual, cultural, and economic engagement while becoming thoughtful, committed and socially responsible graduates.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Activity Director will be a part of the team of HSI STEM Grant Project staff. Under the supervision of the HSI STEM Project Director, the Activity Director will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the HSI STEM grant and the STEM Center.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee the grant activities that fall under the grant, ensuring that said activities continue to satisfy the overarching grant goals and objectives.
- Collaborate on the grant budget with Project Director and STEM Center purchasing with the support of administrative staff.
- Oversee the members of the grant project staff to ensure that their responsibilities to the grant are met.
- Collaborate with the relevant campus departments and community partners to create and implement grant activities
- Responsible for writing correspondences to federal program officer and federal grant reporting.
- Collaborate with data analyst and campus departments, such as Institutional Research, to gather course data (i.e., pass rates, graduation, course enrollment) to chart progress on grant objectives for federal reporting.
- Attend required conferences, trainings, and U.S. Department of Education-sponsored meetings for grant staff.
- Work with the Grants Manager and Grant Accounting on budget management, planning for future spending, and preparation of federal correspondences and reporting.
- Develop outreach activities, including, but not limited to summer outreach activities, for middle and high school students. Collaborate with campus partners and local employers on implementing on-campus activities for current STCC students who are in STEM programs and who are General Studies majors, such as the semesterly Majors & Career Fair, STEM Day, MA STEM Week, and Dell Technologies events.
- Oversee the day-to-day functioning of the STEM Center
- Hire, train, and supervise STEM Center staff on front desk responsibilities, exam and quiz proctoring, tutoring appointment booking, and other needed tasks
- Develop STEM Center programming for students that supports their academic and professional needs.
- Develop and execute intervention plans for complex tutoring cases
- Keep record of STEM Center usage, including, but not limited to, tutoring appointments and no shows
- Coordinate and co-lead start-of-semester initial trainings with Supplemental Instruction leaders
- Collaborate with other academic support services on campus, including Writing Center, Supplemental Instruction, Student Success Center, and TRIO, to streamline and coordinate student resources
- Develop and provide on-campus trainings to faculty during new faculty orientation on culturally responsive pedagogy.
- Bachelor's degree required (Master's degree preferred) in STEM and/or STEM related field.
- A minimum of three years of teaching experience in either a formal or informal education setting
- A minimum of two years of supervisory experience.
- Evidence of strong written and verbal communication skills to support interactions with diverse academic and non-academic audiences
- Understanding of educational learning theory, as well as tutoring theory and practice.
- Understanding of and experience with cultural responsive teaching.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Strong report writing skills.
- A commitment to working in a culturally diverse, urban community college.
SALARY: $55,000 to $65,000
WORK SCHEDULE: 37.5 hours/week
GRANT FUNDED: Yes - HSI STEM (one-year appointment)
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: All applicants must apply online by submitting a cover letter**, resume and three (3) professional **Cover letter must demonstrate how your education and experience qualifies you for this position.
STCC conducts a pre-employment screening. Initial and continued employment is dependent upon meeting National Background Check, Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) and/or Sex Offender Registry Information (SORI) check and if applicable, Physical and Alcohol/Drug Testing requirements. Screening also includes verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history. Finalist(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment screening as a condition of employment.
POLICY STATEMENT ON AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY & DIVERSITY
The Board of Higher Education and the Boards of Trustees of the Community Colleges maintain and promote a policy of non-discrimination on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information maternity leave, military service and national origin ("protected class(s)/classification(s)." Further, this policy prohibits retaliation and incorporates by reference, and where applicable, the requirements of Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1968; Titles I and II of the Civil Rights Act of 1991; Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and its regulations found at 34 C.F.R. part 106; Equal Pay Act of 1963; Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1988; Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990; Section 402 of the Vietnam-era Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA); Age Discrimination Act of 1975; Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, as amended; Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993; Federal Executive Order 11246 of 1965, as amended by Executive Order 11375 of 1967; Federal Executive Order 12900 of 1994; Federal Executive Order 13145 of 2000; Federal Executive Order 13160 of 2000; Federal Executive Order 13166 of 2000; Massachusetts Civil Rights Act; Massachusetts General Laws Chapters 151B, 151C, and Chapter 149; directives of the BHE, the Boards of Trustees of the Community Colleges and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts; and other applicable local, state and federal constitutions, statutes, regulations and executive orders.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
STCC's personnel and academic decisions, programs and policies are formulated and conducted in a manner, which will ensure equal access for all people and prevent discrimination. As part of this effort, a College will ensure that employment and academic decisions, programs and policies will be based solely on the individual eligibility, merit or fitness of applicants, employees and students without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, marital status, military service, gender identity, genetic information, sexual orientation or political or union affiliation.
To apply, visit https://stcc.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=133939&CNTRNO=1&TSTMP=0
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency