Reference and Instruction Librarian
Thank you for your interest in Truckee Meadows Community College. If you need assistance or have questions regarding the application process, please contact Human Resources at (775) 673-7168 or email@example.com.
Truckee Meadows Community College (TMCC), located in Reno, Nevada is seeking applicants for a full-time, 12-month/year round, tenure-track Reference and Instruction Librarian.
The Reference Librarian oversees the daily functions of the library and brings leadership and innovation to the learning commons. Through close collaboration with academic faculty, the reference librarian is responsible for identifying curriculum needs and opportunities and then developing, advertising, and executing targeted support to ensure student success.
1. Master's degree in library science from an ALA-accredited program
2. One year public or educational library experience
3. Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
1. Experience with Springshare products, especially LibGuides and LibCal.
2. Experience with customizing the ExLibris Alma/Primo discovery system.
3. Experience in finding and deploying Open Educational Resources.
Working with other library staff, the Reference and Instruction Librarian will:
- Provide traditional and online reference services to the TMCC community.
- Conduct Information Literacy instruction sessions
- Collaborate in the scheduling and assessment of library instruction sessions.
- Develop/modify instructional materials for library instruction, keeping best practices in mind.
- Create and update LibGuides to promote library resources.
- Create and update library assignments in collaboration with instructors.
- Communicate library services to the campus community.
- Manage the public catalog interface.
- Update the library website as needed.
- Serve as a collection development liaison for assigned departments and collaborate with faculty to develop print and digital collections in assigned areas.
- Serve on library and college committees and working groups.
- Assists faculty in integrating library resources with online and face-to-face classes.
- Provides individual consulting services for students and faculty.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintaining sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic background of community college students, faculty, and staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of library instruction or teaching experience at the college level.
- Ability to provide excellent reference and instruction services in all formats for students and faculty in an academic library.
- Evidence of problem solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly
- Experience creating web-based guides, instructional videos and tutorials.
- Ability to work with teams of colleagues with whom there is no direct reporting relationship to bring projects to satisfactory and timely completion
- Experience using the following products/technologies: Microsoft Office, LibApps/LibGuides, the Alma/Primo discovery system, Canvas and Workday.
- Skill in identifying knowledge gaps and gaps in assessment and instruction.
- Ability to adapt to unforeseen changes, not sacrificing the quality of service students receive.
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, as well as working with broadly diverse communities.
Salary and Benefits Information:
Salary: $56,029- $84,045, salary placement will be dependent on education level and years of experience.
Perks of Working at TMCC
- Health insurance options including dental and vision - Health Insurance
- 15.5% retirement match, 24 annual leave days, a beginning balance of 30 sick leave days, 11 paid holidays
- Life insurance, long-term disability, generous annual and sick leave - NSHE Benefits
- Sports and Fitness Center with annual or monthly membership options for employee and spouse/domestic partner.
- ComPsych supports employees through life's difficult moments.
- Professional Grant-in-Aid: TMCC is proud to provide a reduced-rate tuition benefit to faculty and qualified dependents. Faculty can take up to six credits per semester at a reduced rate. Dependents of faculty have unlimited credits, but in order to be eligible children must be unmarried and under the age of 24 and must receive at least 50% of their financial support from the employee and/or employee's spouse or domestic partner.
- Free parking on all TMCC campus locations.
- No State income tax
- All full-time faculty and staff are provided with a variety of discounts and employee purchase programs.
Please note, once you submit your application the only attachment/s viewable to you will be the attachment/s to the resume/CV section of the application. Any additional required attachment/s to the cover letter, references, additional documents sections of the application, will not be viewable to you after you submit your application. All uploaded attachment/s will be on the application for the committee to review. To request updates to attachments, prior to the committee review of applications, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to be given full consideration all of the following must be attached to your application.1) Resume/CV2) Cover Letter3) Contact Information for Three Supervisory References - Please make a note if you do not want your present employer contacted unless necessary to determine your qualifications for the position.4) Copy of Unofficial Transcript
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. Search committees will use this information to determine that applicants meet minimum qualifications as listed in the job announcement.
This posting will close at 12:00 am on the date listed above. The posting will no longer be available to apply to after 11:59 pm the day prior.
All documents, including unofficial transcripts for academic positions, must be received prior to the closing date listed on the job announcement.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check upon hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TMCC-External/job/TMCC---Truckee-Meadows-Community-College---Dandini-Campus/Reference-and-Instruction-Librarian_R0133232-1
Truckee Meadows Community College is a comprehensive educational institution located in Reno, Nevada and is part of the Nevada System of Higher Education. TMCCs five instructional sites and numerous community locations serves an increasingly diverse population of more than 11,000 students each semester. TMCC, an HSI (Hispanic Serving Institution), is a progressive institution that celebrates inclusion and diversity while supporting core themes of academic excellence, student success, and access to lifelong learning.
A vital leader in the New Nevadas growing economy, TMCC is located near the beautiful Sierra Nevada Mountains in an environment rich with a thriving arts, culture, food scene, abundant outdoor activities, and a family-friendly local community. It is only a 3.5 hour drive to San Francisco, CA, a 40-minute drive to Lake Tahoe, and within easy driving distance of four national parks (Great Basin, Yosemite, Lassen, and Death Valley). For more information, please go to www.tmcc.edu or view our virtual tour at tour.tmcc.edu.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a persons age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-f4875a476823f2498e9beb578ffeede6