Buyer IV, Facilities
Category: Office Support
Locations: Springfield, MA
Posted: Jul 20, 2021
Closes: Aug 3, 2021 - 11:59 PM EDT
Position ID:: 133876
About Springfield Technical Community College :
Located on 35 acres of the Springfield Armory National Historic Site and founded in 1967, Springfield Technical Community College is a major resource for the economic vitality of Western Massachusetts. As the only technical community college in Massachusetts, STCC offers a variety of career programs unequalled in the state. Digital Multimedia, IT Security, Nursing, Robotics, Sonography, Mechanical Engineering Technology (Advance Manufacturing) and dozens of other career programs produce potential employees each year. STCC's highly-regarded transfer programs in Business, Engineering, Liberal Arts, Science and Technology continue to provide the most economical option for students pursuing a four-year degree. With an annual enrollment of over 6,500, evening, weekend and online students, STCC is a vibrant campus rich in diversity and justifiably proud of our designation as a Hispanic Serving Institution. Respect, is one of the Core Values of the College and we strive to nurture mutual respect among faculty, staff and students. With respect, we embrace differences to create an inclusive environment for all. Together, we support students as they transform their lives through intellectual, cultural, and economic engagement while becoming thoughtful, committed and socially responsible graduates.
General Statement of Duties:
Performs a variety of diversified duties to include following public procurement procedures pursuant to Massachusetts General Law (M.G.L.) and the College's internal purchasing policies in order to purchase supplies, services, equipment, materials, and construction contracts for the STCC Facilities Department. Responsible for independently managing the complete bid process from beginning through award and project closeout. Procures, monitors and performs contract administrative duties for selected services and equipment to include scheduling and coordination of inspections, tests, maintenance, repairs and upgrades, etc. Verify contract billing rates, scope requirements, and terms and conditions are adhered to during the contract and at time of invoicing.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Consistently interact with house doctors, architects, engineers, and project managers to assemble a c. 149 and c. 30, 39M bid packages for publication through award and project closeout.
- Must be able to ascertain bid requirements as set forth by the Office of the Inspector General and follow legal requirements for public contracts. Is in direct communication with the Office of the Inspector General for bid related questions.
- Advertise according to M.G.L. procurement law requirements including newspaper advertisements, Central Registrar, Goods and Services Bulletin, COMMBUYS, update STCC's Facilities website, and post notices in jurisdiction's office.
- Use state or federal contracts such as MHEC, OSD, GSA, or COMMBUYS to obtain best pricing for services or supplies.
- Responsible for procuring, monitoring, and following appropriate regulatory requirements on selected service contracts. To generally include elevator systems, emergency generator systems, fire sprinkler systems, fuel systems, and campus clocks. Coordinates and schedules tests and inspections with vendors, contractors, Campus Police and/or appropriate trades staff. Reviews results with management, gains approval for repairs, follow-up and schedule repairs. File tests, records and repair data for future reference.
- Procure fuel and monitor fuel logs for the Campus gas pump. Verifies usage and tank readings.
- Procure radio equipment for Facilities department and issues hand-held units, monitor assignments, and works with vendor on problems and repairs.
- Verify that contract billing rates and terms and conditions are adhered to during the contract period and at time of invoicing.
- Analyze form and content of bid invitations and specifications for supplies, equipment, and services so as to improve the quality and responsiveness of bids and proposals.
- May use electronic bid hosting software services to post bids electronically.
- Assist project managers with contract change orders, electronic filing of submittals and project mandated paperwork, and standard contractor evaluations.
- Process quotes, input requisitions for purchase orders, complete standard state contracts, ensure compliance with prevailing wage rate laws.
- Provides backup coverage for Campus lock and key systems and processes requests from faculty and staff to obtain access to offices, classrooms, and shared areas.
- Provides backup coverage for the Facilities Service Desk Clerk during shift gaps and during vacation, personal and/or sick days.
- May provide supervision to lower classes per Buyer Series, Class Specifications.
- Prior attendance at MCPPO trainings.
- Knowledge of COMMBUYS, the State's online procurement platform.
- Knowledge of MHEC, OSD, GSA and state or federal contracts.
- Familiarity with sole source and emergency waiver procurement.
- Knowledge of electronic bidding software
- Thorough knowledge of current procurement policies, procedures, and practices.
- Ability to secure, interpret, and analyze technical data, and to exercise sound judgment in arriving at conclusions.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to multitask.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relations with colleagues, vendors, suppliers, and served agencies.
- Ability to effectively utilize personal computer desktop applications.
- Ability to proofread documents independently.
- Must complete and maintain all MCPPO modules that are applicable to the position within 1 year
- Required to travel for job-related purposes
Applicants must have at least (A) four years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, professional or paraprofessional experience in purchasing work, and (B) of which at least three years must have been in a professional capacity, and (C) of which at least one year must have been in a supervisory capacity, or (D) any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below.
I. An Associate's degree with a major in business administration or business management may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required (A) experience.*
II. A Bachelor's or higher degree with a major in business administration or business management may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required (A) experience and one year of the required (B) experience.*
*Education toward such a degree will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.
NOTE: Educational substitutions will only be permitted for a maximum of one year of the required (B) experience. No substitutions will be permitted for the required (C) experience.
Salary: $2,318.87 Bi-Weekly (Grade 21 Step 1)
Benefits: Yes, Full-Time
Grant Funded: No
Closing Date: August 03, 2021
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: All applicants must apply online by submitting a cover letter**, resume and three (3) professional **Cover letter must demonstrate how your education and experience qualifies you for this position.
STCC conducts a pre-employment screening. Initial and continued employment is dependent upon meeting National Background Check, Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) and/or Sex Offender Registry Information (SORI) check and if applicable, Physical and Alcohol/Drug Testing requirements. Screening also includes verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history. Finalist(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment screening as a condition of employment.
POLICY STATEMENT ON AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY & DIVERSITY
The Board of Higher Education and the Boards of Trustees of the Community Colleges maintain and promote a policy of non-discrimination on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information maternity leave, military service and national origin ("protected class(s)/classification(s)." Further, this policy prohibits retaliation and incorporates by reference, and where applicable, the requirements of Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1968; Titles I and II of the Civil Rights Act of 1991; Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and its regulations found at 34 C.F.R. part 106; Equal Pay Act of 1963; Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1988; Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990; Section 402 of the Vietnam-era Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA); Age Discrimination Act of 1975; Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, as amended; Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993; Federal Executive Order 11246 of 1965, as amended by Executive Order 11375 of 1967; Federal Executive Order 12900 of 1994; Federal Executive Order 13145 of 2000; Federal Executive Order 13160 of 2000; Federal Executive Order 13166 of 2000; Massachusetts Civil Rights Act; Massachusetts General Laws Chapters 151B, 151C, and Chapter 149; directives of the BHE, the Boards of Trustees of the Community Colleges and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts; and other applicable local, state and federal constitutions, statutes, regulations and executive orders.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
STCC's personnel and academic decisions, programs and policies are formulated and conducted in a manner, which will ensure equal access for all people and prevent discrimination. As part of this effort, a College will ensure that employment and academic decisions, programs and policies will be based solely on the individual eligibility, merit or fitness of applicants, employees and students without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, marital status, military service, gender identity, genetic information, sexual orientation or political or union affiliation.
To apply, visit https://stcc.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=133876&CNTRNO=4&TSTMP=0
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency