This ad is expired.
- Accounting Technician - Reedley College Only
- Go to our website »
Accounting Technician - Reedley College Only
Salary: $50,081.00 - $61,593.00 Annually
Location: Reedley College, CA
Job Type: Permanent
Division: RC Administrative Services
Job Number: 2023005
Closing: 2/14/2023 11:59 PM Pacific
Contact "Personnel Commission"
Phone number 559-243-7100
Under general supervision, performs a variety of highly responsible accounting operations duties in the preparation, processing and maintenance of accounting transactions and records; and performs related duties as assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
- Performs a variety of accounts payable duties associated with college co-curricular and athletic activities, student clubs, scholarship recipients and other college-specific accounts; reviews requisitions and purchase order requests, verifying proper account codes and required approvals; prepares purchase orders and sends to vendors following approval; reviews invoices and requests for payment to verify accuracy, completeness and adherence to District policies and terms of contracts; submits to manager for approval of payment; prints checks and mails or distributes to vendors, coaches and others; matches accounts payable invoices and enters into the system; verifies all statements and invoice balances.
- Assists students at the cashier window; accesses student accounts and answers a variety of questions about account balances, financial aid and work study checks received and payments made; researches balances with Admissions & Records and Financial Aid staff to answer student questions; takes payments for account balances, transcripts and other transactions in cash, by check or by credit cards; records transactions in student accounts; processes payments for Associated Student Body cards, parking permits and other items and posts transactions; issues receipts for all payments received; balances cash and credit card payments received; researches credit card transactions for refund issues or chargeback transactions; closes out and balances cash drawers at business office closing.
- Performs a variety of accounts receivable duties; prepares bills for agencies sponsoring students including the Veterans Administration, Workforce Investment Board, international students, police agencies, private companies and others based on sponsorship agreements; uploads student data from the District ERP system to generate sponsor invoices; deposits and posts payments received to student accounts; monitors all incoming payments made by the Department of Veterans Affairs on behalf of G.I. Bill recipients; reviews and coordinates with the VA and campus Veteran's Office adjustments and changes needed to correct invoicing and collection of tuition and fees; provides prompt reporting on funding of tuition and fees to the VA in the event of changes in student financial aid status; creates and initiates payments of debts owed in compliance with VA, Treasury and VA Debt Management requirements; ensures readiness for VA audits; vouchers any refunds back to sponsors.
- Performs cash management duties; reconciles daily cash payments and prepares bank deposits; performs monthly cash vault reconciliations subject to manager review; counts and verifies deposits of parking and library fees and athletics receipts.
- May provide day-to-day lead work guidance and direction to student aides performing cashiering duties; assigns, schedules and monitors work for completeness, accuracy and conformance with District, department and legal/regulatory requirements and standards; provides information, instruction and training on work procedures and technical, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Assists in the disbursement of financial aid; determines student accounts with outstanding balances and nets award amounts against those balances; runs reports in District ERP system of approved financial aid checks and provides to bank; voids and reissues stale dated checks incorrectly issued, lost or stolen; maintains logs of checks issued and direct deposits made; assists with monthly reconciliations; bills/rebills students for payments due based on dropped classes and no shows; runs aging reports to balance and reconcile accounts.
- Audits student accounts to determine any errors in awards, account adjustments and student payments; verifies refunds have been properly made and credits accurately calculated.
- When assigned to the Reedley Food Services department, prepares requisitions for food staples, perishables, vendor baked goods, snacks, drinks, cooking and service supplies and other items and processes invoices for payment; prepares and maintains accounting records involving a variety of transactions and accounts; participates in estimating costs for private catering orders/events and invoices customers; balances cash receipts, reconciles to cash register transaction records and prepares bank deposits; maintains meal plan accounts and posts purchases and adjustments to accounts; orders and maintains an inventory of consumables, tools and other items; correctly prepares and processes student and provisional payrolls.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to and understanding of historically minoritized groups and participates in professional development activities to increase cultural competency to enhance equity-minded practices within the District.
- Processes student payment worksheets for residence hall students; reviews, reconciles, audits and maintains student accounts; notifies students of balances due; prepares and maintains dorm/cafe worksheets.
- Assists District Payroll staff in performing payroll support duties; matches time slips with absence forms; sorts and enters absences into the payroll system; runs reports to verify accuracy; prepares responses to employment verification requests; picks up payroll checks from the county treasury and sends to campuses for distribution.
- Performs a variety of clerical and administrative support duties including answering the telephone and collecting and distributing the mail, maintaining office calendars, typing correspondence and form letters and maintaining an inventory of office supplies.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Employment Standards / Minimum Qualifications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- District policies, procedures and practices governing purchasing, accounts payable processing, cash handling and receipting and related financial transactions.
- Basic bookkeeping methods and practices.
- Business math.
- Federal, state and District rules, regulations, policies and procedures governing the award of financial aid at a level of detail necessary to perform assigned duties.
- Use and operation of applicable modules of the District's enterprise accounting and finance and student accounting systems.
- Federal Privacy Act regulations regarding the release of private employee and student information.
- Customer service practices and etiquette.
- Principles and practices of sound business communication including English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment including appropriate software applications.
Skills and Abilities to:
- Make highly detailed comparisons, calculations and tabulations of financial data and review accounting and related documents accurately and rapidly.
- Carry out work independently, ensuring a high degree of accuracy.
- Organize, set priorities and exercise sound judgment within established guidelines.
- Interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures and apply them in a variety of procedural situations.
- Operate a computer using spreadsheet and other standard business software; operate other standard office equipment.
- Maintain a variety of financial records and files.
- Maintain confidentiality of documents and records.
- Effectively engage and support historically minoritized groups by addressing issues of equity and improving culturally responsive service-oriented practices.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all those encountered in the course of work.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Graduation from high school or GED equivalent supplemented by college coursework in accounting and at least two years of progressively responsible experience performing financial or statistical recordkeeping, paraprofessional accounting or bookkeeping; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Completion of sixty college units including fifteen units in accounting OR an associate degree in accounting, business or a related field is desirable.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
A valid California driver's license and the ability to maintain insurability under the District's vehicle insurance program may be required for certain assignments in this class.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to sit; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate computers and standard office equipment; and reach with hands and arms. An employee is frequently required to stand and walk; and lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; learn and apply new information and skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple concurrent tasks with frequent interruptions; and interact with managers, employees, students and others encountered in the course of work.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employees work in a typical office environment and the noise level is generally quiet to moderate.
The employee may be required to travel to locations other than assigned work site and to adjust to work schedule changes and requirements to work overtime.
To move forward in the selection process, you must complete an online application through our web site at http://www.schooljobs.com/careers/scccd. Please attach to your application a copy of your transcripts (including when degree was awarded) or your application may be considered incomplete. Resumes may also be uploaded but cannot be used in lieu of a completed application.
ONCE YOU HAVE SUBMITTED YOUR APPLICATION YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE REVISIONS TO YOUR APPLICATION MATERIALS.
When completing the application, please make sure you include ALL current and previous employment in the Work Experience section of the application and complete ALL fields, including the name and contact information for your supervisors. Experience that is included in the resume but not in the Work Experience section of the application may not be considered for the purpose of determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
All required documents must be submitted by the applicant. Personnel Commission staff will not upload your documents for you. The State Center Community College District does not accept letters of recommendation for classified positions. Please do not attempt to attach letters of recommendation to your application.
APPLICATION REVIEW AND ASSESSMENTS
The application review process includes an evaluation of training and experience based on given application information and answers to supplemental questionnaire. Only the most qualified applicants, who pass the minimum qualifications review, will be invited to the assessment process.
The assessment process will include a competency assessment (60% weight) and an oral interview assessment (40% weight). Of those achieving a passing score on the competency assessment, only the most qualified candidates will be invited to the oral interview assessment. Passing score is 75% out of 100% on each assessment section.
INITIAL TESTING TENTATIVELY SCHEDULED FOR FEBRUARY 23, 2023
The assessment process / assessment date is subject to change as needs dictate. All communication regarding this process will be delivered via email to the address listed on your application.
Candidates who attain a passing score on each part of the assessment will be placed in rank order on a Reedley College Open-Competitive List. Using the same process, a separate Reedley College Promotional List will be established and both Lists will be used concurrently. The eligibility list will be used to fill current vacancies at Reedley College only for at least six months.
PASSING THE ASSESSMENTS AND BEING PLACED ON THE ELIGIBILITY LIST DO NOT GUARANTEE AN OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT.
Individuals with disabilities requiring reasonable accommodation in the selection process must inform the State Center Community College District Personnel Commission Department in writing no later than the filing date stated on the announcement. Those applicants needing such accommodations should document this request including an explanation as to the type and extent of accommodation needed to participate in the selection process.
State Center Community College District is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of State Center Community College District to provide all persons with equal employment and educational opportunities without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, disability, medical condition, marital status, religion or similar factors as defined by law. We are a Title V employer.
To apply, visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/scccd/jobs/3871916/accounting-technician-reedley-college-only
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-0b529a141a6b0c4fb6cfede37212aa91